Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Conditional Weather Background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With 1.03 how do you change the background for the conditional weather on the home screen? It seems to change randomly in the weather screen, but how about the home screen? I see a setting to enable condional weather and its checked by default or at least it appears to be. I have a folder full of conditional weather images on a partion on the xbox, but when I uncheck the conditional weather image I'm assuming that it no longer works, but the only way to change the location is to uncheck the unconditional weather button.

I was looking around in the skin and there is a folder with condional weather images in the skin/ folder with one image per folder. Would I dump my images in those folders and it would randomize through them or is there another easier way?
kizer Wrote:With 1.03 how do you change the background for the conditional weather on the home screen? It seems to change randomly in the weather screen, but how about the home screen?

it does change on the homescreen too. it displays a version of the 'house on the prairie' picture, based on the current weather condition.

kizer Wrote:I see a setting to enable condional weather and its checked by default or at least it appears to be. I have a folder full of conditional weather images on a partion on the xbox, but when I uncheck the conditional weather image I'm assuming that it no longer works, but the only way to change the location is to uncheck the unconditional weather button.
I was looking around in the skin and there is a folder with condional weather images in the skin/ folder with one image per folder. Would I dump my images in those folders and it would randomize through them or is there another easier way?

yep, that's the way to do it.
Yeah I kinda like the house on the prairie too. I didn't realize it was actually changing until I saw the cloudy version this morning after I posted this post.

I might leave it for a bit since I do kinda like it.
It wasn't till ronie pointed it out that the picture on the home screen (of the shack/house) is conditional. It's just where I live it's always cloudy and rainy so it always looked the same. To get conditional weather pictures that change pictures on the home screen and you have transparency set up with the weather folders like

/images/backgrounds/home-weather-conditional
/images/backgrounds/weather-conditional

you can either change 'home-weather-conditional' to 'weather-conditional' in home.xml or the easier option is to delete the contents of the 'home-weather-conditional' folder and copy over the contents of the 'weather-conditional' folder. I've done this on the xbox and it works a treat.
Thanks Yadster. I was thinking that was the fix, but I often shy away from changing .xml files since I never really know which one does what since there seems to be so many of them.

I will give it a looksee. I normally keep all my images on the F partion of my Xbox drive since its the largest, but worst case I can just copy them over and like you said replace the contents of the home-weather-conditional drive just incase ronie makes .xml changes for this and that.
yadster Wrote:where I live it's always cloudy and rainy.

it's kinda funny, seeing you're from Sunny Yorkshire. lol!
kizer Wrote:Thanks Yadster. I was thinking that was the fix, but I often shy away from changing .xml files since I never really know which one does what since there seems to be so many of them.

I will give it a looksee. I normally keep all my images on the F partion of my Xbox drive since its the largest, but worst case I can just copy them over and like you said replace the contents of the home-weather-conditional drive just incase ronie makes .xml changes for this and that.

I think the second option is best imho so with any updates to transparancy you don't have to keep editing the home.xml.
ronie Wrote:it's kinda funny, seeing you're from Sunny Yorkshire. lol!

I live in Yorkshire, UK. The sunny part is just me been the optimist Rofl