Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trailers - Enable them prior to a movie (Xbox)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently started to get trailers for my movies and have been saving them locally on my internal hard drive for my xbox.

Im able to do a refresh on a movie and enable the trailer and have it be played fine. I tried the 480p and noticed it lagged a bit on the Xbox, so Ive opted to use the high res versions from Itunes instead.

Anyhow, Im wondering if there is a file or something I need to modify within Transperancy! to allow a trailer to be played first and then the movie. I realize I can do this manually by selecting the trailer and then the movie, but I would rather do it seemlessly.

For example, if I wanted to watch 300. Id like for the trailer to be played first and once its done, then the movie. This is when I select the movie to be played only. Whereas Id still like the trailer to be available for a preview if I wanted to see it.

I hope this is doable or Im not asking for too much info here..
you'd probably have to set it to play a playlist, and then have both the trailer and movie in the playlist. or it could have to be a plugin, like the home theater plugin which plays random trailers (from apple) before a movie.
flipped cracker Wrote:you'd probably have to set it to play a playlist, and then have both the trailer and movie in the playlist. or it could have to be a plugin, like the home theater plugin which plays random trailers (from apple) before a movie.

a playlist for each movie? Oo Im not sure where to start on creating one but I can search for the wiki on this and see.

Ive heard about the home theatre plugin, so I will also read up on that and see. Rolleyes

Thanks for a reply. Big Grin
Why would you want to watch a trailer right before a movie? It will just give stuff away... I only want to watch trailers when I'm deciding to watch a movie or not;

if you've already decided to watch it, why would you want to watch the trailer!?
clock2113 Wrote:Why would you want to watch a trailer right before a movie? It will just give stuff away... I only want to watch trailers when I'm deciding to watch a movie or not;

if you've already decided to watch it, why would you want to watch the trailer!?

I'd like to watch the trailer as I think it would be interesting to see it first before the movie. Also, I dont have too much time to sit down and watch a movie so its a nice refresher, plus it helps the wifey remember what the movie is about as well.

I think in my initial post, I wanted to see if its possible to watch the trailer prior to the movie, and yet, have it as an option to view on its own as well. This is why I made the post in the first place.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply.
Just was curious...
clock2113 Wrote:Just was curious...

i apologize if i at all sounded harsh or rude in my reply as it wasnt my intent. Nod
kind of thinking out loud here, but i'm wondering if you switched the files so it automatically played the trailer first, and then you had the option to play regular movie afterwards. or maybe it could do this: you click on the movie and it plays the trailer, and then afterwards it asks you if you want to watch the movie or go back to browsing.

not sure if any of this is possible, just thoughts i had.
Name the trailer for instance Matrix cd 1 and then name the movie Matrix cd 2. this way the trailer will always play first and then goto the movie. So if you watch number of movies and finally decide which one to watch the trailer part was watched and the movie will resume from the start of the movie no need to watch the trailer. No real extra work making playlists and using plugins that can fail or make you get up from the couch like me.
@grupy
Might want to talk to Nuka1195 about his Apple Trailers plugin, maybe he ca do something about that, when seeing a trailer to give you the option to search through the library to find the movie and ask you whether you'd like to play it.
Oh, and one more thing - I remember the movie info window had a little button in the top-right corder (or maybe just in PMIII skin), where if there were any trailer found by the scraper, it showed the button - that way you can first play your trailers, then the movie, pretty much from the same place. Maybe it was just for IMDB, maybe other scrapers allow for that as well, dunno.
Abeerdrinker Wrote:Name the trailer for instance Matrix cd 1 and then name the movie Matrix cd 2. this way the trailer will always play first and then goto the movie. So if you watch number of movies and finally decide which one to watch the trailer part was watched and the movie will resume from the start of the movie no need to watch the trailer. No real extra work making playlists and using plugins that can fail or make you get up from the couch like me.
actually, that'd be the perfect way to do it.