Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Development discussion moved to Aeon Project forum.

GitHub (basic skin only - for extras see below) - Alaska

----------------------------------------------------

MediaFire Download Folder

Alaska - main skin (same as Git)

extras - folder contains Weather, Genre, Studio Flags, etc
Simply unrar it to the 'skin' folder so it looks like this -

Alaska/extras/moviegenres, Studios, weather

Multi-image folders (games, movies, music, pictures, settings, tvshows, videos and weather)

Videos here.

If you've got any ideas or can help coding please feel free to PM me.

NOTE: Work in progress and latest SVN required.
wow man, thanks for taking up the reigns. I haven't been as excited about a skin since I saw the very first screens of Stark. Not sure what I can offer in terms of help, but I am not too shabby in photoshop. I am no coder at all unfortunately. If there is any help I can offer, let me know.
Glad to see some organization, I was afraid this was going to be utter chaos. Good luck Hitcher et al.

TheUni
I figured Github would be the best way to go.
This is great Hitcher!

Github is a very good idea.

Have you contacted djh about graphics / Photoshop psd's so we can keep the overall look throughout?
I made these small changes to get the main menu icons working.

Go to guisettings.xml.

Change for example the line that has "Alaska.custommovies" in it, to:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Alaska.custommovies">/Users/htpc/Pictures/Backdrops/Movies/</setting>

Of course, use your own path to some movie pictures.

It works here (although the pictures look stretched/cropped or something) Smile
Also in Home.xml - I don't think the main menu items link correctly "onclick".

I changed it in line 34 to 56, so the main menu buttons corresponds to the right onclick events.
Ayla Wrote:This is great Hitcher!

Github is a very good idea.

Have you contacted djh about graphics / Photoshop psd's so we can keep the overall look throughout?
I think we've got everything he made and he's kept it all nice and simple.
Ayla Wrote:Also in Home.xml - I don't think the main menu items link correctly "onclick".

I changed it in line 34 to 56, so the main menu buttons corresponds to the right onclick events.
Check my commits.
looking forward to see what you guys can get out of this.

but i have to break the rules once Big Grin can you please make the settings\apperances\skin selection as ur first priority. that way ppl can pop in see how the skin is forming and still get back to a working skin for everyday use. don't need to be good looking just the function.
Hitcher-

As a sidenote, it would be great to see you guys take advantage of the branch/fork features of git when things come up (and they're bound to) rather than the patch/mod hell that we've seen with Aeon.
zwat Wrote:looking forward to see what you guys can get out of this.

but i have to break the rules once Big Grin can you please make the settings\apperances\skin selection as ur first priority. that way ppl can pop in see how the skin is forming and still get back to a working skin for everyday use. don't need to be good looking just the function.

Good idea !

We need an easy way to switch between Aeon and Alaska Smile
Hitcher,

Thanks for the first commit fixes.

Have you fixed "Videos" yet?

Is it an easy fix?
Hey hitcher as I have massive respect for you, but wont be using this skin anytime soon; I still wanted throw out a suggestion: Before working on any other addition/screen/anything; fix the black/blank screens.

No matter how temporary the gfx or text may bey those are what I would concentrate on first.

Smile Enjoy
Will you give us access to the github repo?
Or should we fork your project?