Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] HOW-TO mod the Top Bar in Rapier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those of you who fancy modding the top bar and possess some photoshop skills, I've included the necessary files in the "images/skin/" folder.

Here are some things to look out for:

720p/Font.xml

BreadCrumbFont
TimeFont
VolumeFont

colors/defaults.xml

BreadCrumbColor
TopBarStatusColor
TopBarStatusColor2

720p/includes_Animations.xml

TopBarStatusIconFadeAnim
SystemTrayEjectIconFadeAnim
SystemTrayShutdownIconFadeAnim
SystemTrayButtonFocusAnim
SystemTrayPulseAnim
MediaPlayingPulseAnim

Scarfa

I am wanting to change the font color of the Breadcrumb font. I have found the color name BreadCrumbColor been used but cannot seem to find where the color for this name is defined.
qualar Wrote:Scarfa

I am wanting to change the font color of the Breadcrumb font. I have found the color name BreadCrumbColor been used but cannot seem to find where the color for this name is defined.

under Rapier/colors/defaults.xml
I made the top bar and breadcrumbs even darker using black overlays.
(top-bar-background +50%, breadcrumbs +70%).
Now the skin looks nice, in my opinion. Big Grin

You can download the modified images here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ummwoizw1j...r2.0.2.zip

Simply unpack the ZIP file in the Rapier/images/skin directory (you should back up the directory first) and then change the font colors in Rapier/colors/defaults.xml (after backing up this file, too):
'BreadCrumbColor' and 'TopBarStatusColor' should be set to 'ffbcbcbc'.
For some reason the clock became almost invisible with your mod to the bar whity.
whity Wrote:I made the top bar and breadcrumbs even darker using black overlays.
(top-bar-background +50%, breadcrumbs +70%).
Now the skin looks nice, in my opinion. Big Grin

You can download the modified images here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ummwoizw1j...r2.0.2.zip

Simply unpack the ZIP file in the Rapier/images/skin directory (you should back up the directory first) and then change the font colors in Rapier/colors/defaults.xml (after backing up this file, too):
'BreadCrumbColor' and 'TopBarStatusColor' should be set to 'ffbcbcbc'.
Oh amazing ! Smile great work
I understand the top bar is part of the design of the skin, but it would be nice to see it disabled, maybe as a MOD. Unfortunately I have no modding skills at all, but it would be great if somebody made a mod like this.
r1ctus Wrote:I understand the top bar is part of the design of the skin, but it would be nice to see it disabled, maybe as a MOD. Unfortunately I have no modding skills at all, but it would be great if somebody made a mod like this.

at least you can make it from similar texture as Home background.. or purely black and then use white color for text..

But yes, I'd also allow this option to leave only the "bubbles there without the bar itself.
sircube Wrote:at least you can make it from similar texture as Home background.. or purely black and then use white color for text..

But yes, I'd also allow this option to leave only the "bubbles there without the bar itself.

I like it on the home background, I'd only like it to disappear in the submenus.
had a question about adding tv shows on the bottom main menue bar which i can't seem to find in the settings?
Any chance at including the ability to bring back the old status bar buttons (i.e., eject, shutdown)? I think they suited the skin much better than the new ones you've implemented.

Great skin otherwise. Just flawless and zippy to boot... It brought me back to XBMC, and I couldn't be happier Smile
Is it possible to resize the top bar?
Any movement on this? I do like the bar on the homepage but would like more screen realestate on all the other pages.
newg Wrote:Any movement on this? I do like the bar on the homepage but would like more screen realestate on all the other pages.

+1
newg Wrote:Any movement on this? I do like the bar on the homepage but would like more screen realestate on all the other pages.

+1
Pages: 1 2