Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: where to put skins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this sounds dumb, but...I'll put it simple:

I installed xbmc (the official from repo). Then I downloaded Transparency skin (a rar file). I put it in ~/.xbmc/skins. But xbmc installs the pm3.hd skin under /usr/.../xbmc/skin. So what happens is that the two skins are seen and you can choose them from xbmc, but Transparency will load without background images, searching them under /usr/... instead of where they are. Now: I could probably solve this by myself moving one or the other skin.

The question is: how is this meant to be??
There's something wrong obviously, and in any case I find the profile/masterprofile is not ok this way. Very confusing. (I won't talk about lirc- and keymap in their new positions - same thing)

I think skins should go under /home. I made a partition for that...
And - other question - what does it mean in the log when it says "profile mapped to masterprofile"? How does xbmc see/decide that? Can that be changed and how?

thanks,
rickx
Loading without background images suggests you have an old version of XBMC that doesn't support the background loading.

You did everything correctly. Don't over think things.

Cheers,
Jonathan
oooooops, sorry for that. I was quiet convinced xbmc 9.04.1 was happy with transparency 2...Jonathan, could you answer my other question anyways, the profile mapped to masterprofile thing?

thanks.
You only have one profile, so that profile is the masterprofile. Simple as that.

If you were to add more profiles, then you wouldn't necessarily be using the master profile.

Cheers,
Jonathan
yes, sounds simple indeed Laugh
But sounded less simple to me before - thought it meant xbmc decides whether to use one path (~/...) or the other (/usr/...) depending on some sort of initial check.

thanks
rickx