Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraper for Concerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Would it be a good idea to have a scraper for Music concerts? And also a Music concerts section for Videos (Movies, TV shows, Concerts).

Right now my concerts have no way of fitting in XBMC in a elegant way - the music videos only covers... well, music videos! Smile

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,
J
if there is a good backend i'm open to the idea.
I would love this, I have 500GB of concert video
I have been entering the info for my concert DVDs into themoviedb and adding them as a seperate source. Like spiff said though, if there's a better site available...
Is there any plans for something more bespoke with this? I have tons of music DVD's that I would love to rip to my library and display.
imo concerts groups well with music videos. basically its the same thing so no need to make another database just for this. should be enough to add a content-tag to the tmdb scraper. or you can come up with a better site..
Sorry but music concerts have nothing to do with music videos, or your main movies.

A way would be to add a filter to the movie section to allow for categories of videos. Like Music concerts or stand up comedy DVDs, ect. I think there is some way to do it with smart playlists but not easily.

All music concerts should be added on TMDB and scraped but we still need a way to categorize them in the video library. I don't think XBMC can do this yet.
H, no solution the latest post ?
zag2me Wrote:All music concerts should be added on TMDB and scraped but we still need a way to categorize them in the video library. I don't think XBMC can do this yet.

I've setup my XBMC with a music concert menu at the main screen, take a look at this screen capture video:
http://youtu.be/gazEtoWe_xo

I use TMDB for music concert videos the same way I use for movies, but after adding a new music concert to the database I also put it in a movie set I named "Shows". I added this movie set to my favorites and then added this favorite to the main menu using an option that there's in Transparency skin, I believe that other skins also have this option.

If a music concert is not in TMDB then I add it there with my login at http://www.themoviedb.org/ and after I add it to XBMC collection.

To add to a movie set I use XWMM, there if you enter each movie you will find the tab Other and there you can associate this movie to an existing set. To create a set or organize it go to the menu Tools > Manage Movie set.
AlessandroSS Wrote:I've setup my XBMC with a music concert menu at the main screen, take a look at this screen capture video:
http://youtu.be/gazEtoWe_xo

I use TMDB for music concert videos the same way I use for movies, but after adding a new music concert to the database I also put it in a movie set I named "Shows". I added this movie set to my favorites and then added this favorite to the main menu using an option that there's in Transparency skin, I believe that other skins also have this option.

If a music concert is not in TMDB then I add it there with my login at http://www.themoviedb.org/ and after I add it to XBMC collection.

To add to a movie set I use XWMM, there if you enter each movie you will find the tab Other and there you can associate this movie to an existing set. To create a set or organize it go to the menu Tools > Manage Movie set.
why don't you use the scraper i posted One Post before...you Set content ti musicvideos and scrape with my scraper and have a seperate section for concerts, outside if movies...
mad-max Wrote:why don't you use the scraper i posted One Post before...you Set content ti musicvideos and scrape with my scraper and have a seperate section for concerts, outside if movies...

I discovered this post and your scrapper only today, as I already have many music concerts added in my library maybe I'll try your scrapper later as I would need to re-add all of them.
Be aware of the scrappers! Wink
vdrfan Wrote:Be aware of the scrappers! Wink

Yeah, they are scary... Laugh

vdrfan, you're late on tour at half past 2...

mm