Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why is there no <aligny>bottom<aligny> ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From the wiki -

Quote:aligny Can be top or center. Aligns the text within its given label <height>. Defaults to top

Any reason why we can't have <aligny>bottom<aligny>?

I'd specifically like to use it for a wrapmultiline control.

Thanks.
Assuming you've tried it and it doesn't work (I think it works on images?) please post a ticket on trac and cc me. Make sure you include the exact control you're testing it with.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan, I'll post one tomorrow.
Jonathan, I did post a Trac ticket but forgot to cc you.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8007

Thanks.
Just a small bump Smile It also doesn't work with the textbox control.
Maybe something that can be added after Eden release.
bump.
Was trying a horizontal grouplist with labels that have different fonts / size.
Can't get them all to touch the floor.
(2012-10-18, 16:07)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]bump.
Was trying a horizontal grouplist with labels that have different fonts / size.
Can't get them all to touch the floor.

as a workaround you can put slide animations with condition="true" on that labels.

EDIT: hitcher´s solution is a bit nicer. forgot about that tag, thx.
I use <usecontrolcoords>true</usecontrolcoords> in the grouplist and then set the Y positions of the label controls so they line up when I use different fonts/sizes.
Ah, nice one. Big Grin Hadn't thought of that. Thnx guys!
I hate to bump such an old thread but was this ever added? I see the trac ticket was closed. Did it falls through the cracks and just didn't get added to the wiki or should a new ticket be open for post-Frodo inclusion? I have a few places where this would really come in handy and the workarounds posted earlier wouldn't work; ie. multiline labels.
It wasn't added, just got closed in massive ticket cleanup (tickets with no activity were closed). I'll reopen it.
Thanks Pieh.
Bump

seems still not possible.

(also no Luck with Pictures / image controll.)
In some cases, I think I've seen somewhere the use of <bottom>MY_VALUE</bottom>. Not tested and don't know if that helps but should work for pictures / image controls.
(2015-09-21, 15:37)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]In some cases, I think I've seen somewhere the use of <bottom>MY_VALUE</bottom>. Not tested and don't know if that helps but should work for pictures / image controls.

<bottom> is an alternative for positioning, not for alignment.
image controls get aligned a la <aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>

EDIT: what should also be considered is that vertical grouplists get aligned with <align>, and not with <aligny>. (so align left means align top)
Pages: 1 2