Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PC Power button not working in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey

Currently, when I push the power button on the front of the PC nothing happens if XMBC is open. If I manually close XBMC, the power switch shutsdown the PC. Ideally, the same would happen from within XBMC - how can I make this happen?

Cheers
I have the same problem, running Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11. The shutdown functions in XBMC work as does the power button if XBMC is not running.

Anything I could do to get this working? Happy to provide further information (which?), if this should be a bug.

Thanks, Hammi
Me too.

Previous versions didn't have this "problem". I haven't updated in a while so I can't pinpoint when it happened.

I have my power button wired through my remote, so I really like being able to shut the whole system down with a single button press.

If there's a simple fix, just let me know.

Thanks,
Dan
It follows the "shutdown function" setting in system > power saving
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that's the part which is not working:

If I call the shutdown function from the "end" menu (through the "virtual power button on the main screen), the machine shuts down (and does different things, if I change the system -> power saving setting). That's ok.

If I press the power button on my PC case while XBMC is running, nothing happens. Outside of XBMC, the power button on my PC case is working just fine.
Same here.
It used to work with Ubuntu 9.04 and the SVN Versions of XBMC. Ever since I updated to Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 (also the alpha, beta and RC) the "Shutdown Button" has no effect. But only while XBMC is running. Otherwise the button works perfectly.
btw: The "shutdown function" setting in system is already set to "shutdown"
althekiller Wrote:It follows the "shutdown function" setting in system > power saving

This shutdown function setting.
Does it control the "physical" power button ? ie if i set then setting to suspend then press the case power button, should it suspend ? This option only seems to work with the on screen power button and makes no difference to what the case button does. In my case no matter the setting, the case button just shuts down the machine.

I`m running an installed version of live 9.11 B2 updated to final.
This has just started happening on my final version as well. Shutdown/Sleep via menu or power button brings everything down then it immediately wakes back up. It worked fine under RC1.
i've got the same problem.

xbmc can't power down the system via power-button.
software task "shutdown sysstems" works as expected.

running karmic - camelot on an ion(zotac).

the system log:
http://pastebin.com/m6081f152

to kill xbmc i have used the button to exit xbmc.
Update: I tried booting into the 'xbmc' session, and the power button (on the front of the computer) works as expected. If logged in to the 'gnome' session, and running xbmc as a standalone program the power button does nothing while xbmc is in the foreground.

XBMC hijacks the power button.

This is with XBMC 9.11 r26018
Actually when I said Foreground, it turns out I meant Fullscreen. When windowed, the power button still works.

Log shows no difference.
I scanned through the Bug Tracker to see if something related to this has been submitted there already. The only thing I found is:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24941

However, it is not clear to me if this change has already been included in xbmc (if so, it has had no effect for me), or if this is just a submission which has yet to be included.

Not sure, if it helps, but I've tried to create a logfile by enabling debug mode, pressing the power button on the computer case, and then disabling debug mode again:

http://pastebin.com/m6ee3f9db

Version used: XBMC, Platform: GNU/Linux. Built on Dec 24 2009 (SVN:26018)

Hammi
csocean Wrote:Hey

Currently, when I push the power button on the front of the PC nothing happens if XBMC is open. If I manually close XBMC, the power switch shutsdown the PC. Ideally, the same would happen from within XBMC - how can I make this happen?

Cheers
Surprisingly, I am trying to achieve exactly this for couple of days now even though its not welcomed by others. Our 14 months old angle got a new play to press the button when ever the blue LED is on. Running XBMC 9.11 (XBMCbuntu) on Ubuntu 9.04 and no matter what I do, pressing the physical power button always shuts the computer down when XBMC is running. I changed the "/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh" script and also modified powerbtn event but nothing came to work so far. Looks like, XBMC hijacks the power button and always shuts down the computer. Can any one pls explain how acpi/HAL function when XBMC is running? Cheers!!!
It's not only with the power button i got almost the same issue with my DVD player in the Asrock 330HT. When i press the DVD player button it opens the slide correctly but after i played a DVD in XBMC and want to get the DVD out by pressing the DVD player button again, nothing happens.
Hammi Wrote:I scanned through the Bug Tracker to see if something related to this has been submitted there already. The only thing I found is:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24941
Hammi,

That change has already been added, but I think you may have found the change that's causing the problem in the first place. I might try compiling from svn again with that changed back.

-Dan
Pages: 1 2 3