Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Webradio irritation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when navigating around webradio i always get a "could not parse node" error dialog even though everything appears to work ok.

presumably there is some badly formatted xml somewhere but have got no idea where to look!

not a serious problem but one that does irritate me Smile and would like to get rid of so if anyone could help would appreciate it.
an excellent example of what belongs in "python general discussion"

moving
whoops - my bad Blush

ok spent the last hour trying to track this down which was an interesting introduction into python Smile but using good old fashioned debugging techniques managed to find the culprit is related to loading the shoutcast3.gif image - more specifically where an image.open is carried out in getwidth (and presumably getheight) method. i suspect this is a pathing issue however for now i'm just going to wrap the image loading block of processelement in a try catch block.
already answered in the kmlbrowser thread by zilvershadow

Quote:it's a node that does not exist in the nodeslist. it can be solved by adding the node to the nodeslist.
these nodes are the fillrect, drawrect, drawline controls which do not 'yet' exist in xbmc-python and the kmlbrowser. so if someone is willing to develop that finally the browser will be complete.

i dont fully understand it though.......
thanks for the response striker - that didn't really make sense to me either so i looked into this a bit further.

after a while of messing with the image and gif plugin i eventually found that the shoutcast3.gif was simply a png file that had been renamed as a gif - i renamed it to png and converted to gif and everything works fine now Smile

am i the only one thats experienced this problem?
haha weird, but it actually worked yes :kickass:

for others who would like to fix.
download the next file, rightclick, save target as and replace the old one:

shoutcast3.gif
i just opened it in mpaint and saved over it without modifying and it solved it for me
@Henners, well done dude! Confusedaint:
i don't get it. 1.0 worked fine in fact it even hooked up to the streams faster. as soon as i downloaded 1.1 thru avalaunch i have the "could not parse node" problem and slower connect times. seems lf this is a final version this needs to be addressed. i went back to 1.0 for now.
cheers for the praise - always nice to be appreciated :d

daghostmon - just download and replace your shoutcast3.gif image with the one striker has kindly posted above (would have done this myself but generally my web server is only up for testing purposes) and this will fix the "could not parse node issue".

as for the speed issue i can't say that i've noticed this although the fix does make it seem more responsive - probably due to the 1 second delay that was being used to display the error dialog. i don't know much about python (yet!Wink so not sure what the threading model is but i'm pretty sure this dialog is blocking execution while it is displayed.
<message deleted>
the download link isn't working for me. can anyone get it?
easy fix... good job dude.
great job, how the heck did you figure that out.. oh well :bowdown:
henners - thank you so much for taking the time to track this down. it was driving me crazy but i didn't want to learn python just to figure out what was going on. now i can relax, with this fixed and the recent cvs changes to plug the memory leaks, xbmc scripts have never worked better. thanks again man. :thumbsup:

-y
Pages: 1 2