Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Any XBMC database editing tools for Linux available?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started ordering my components for my Linux based HTPC build having been playing with the latest XBMC release on my Linux workstation.

One thing I have noticed is that the scraper for videos are not 100% accurate & I don't expect them to be.

In the Linux environment what tools are available to edit XBMC's database directly?? In Mediaportal for example in the setup app you can directly edit entries for Videos/Movies changing anything from the description to the graphic used.

In the windows environment there seem to be a few easy to use tools mentioned in the forums. What exists for the Linux environment?
Any sql editor that does sqlite3 will work fine.
althekiller Wrote:Any sql editor that does sqlite3 will work fine.

Can you point me to a few that run under Linux naturally?
Google broken? I've only used the "sqlite3" cli tool. Probably not what you want.
You also just edit the theTVDB.com entry for the show. It is wiki style and most shows are open for editing. What shows specifically are you having issues with?
Code:
sudo aptitude install sqlite3

It will install the binary "sqlite3". The XBMC dbs are located in ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database

Code:
MyMusic7.db  MyPrograms6.db  MyVideos34.db  ViewModes.db

to connect run: sqlite3 MyVideos34.db etc.. once connected, typing .help will sort you out..
sqlite browser, its available in the ubuntu repos. i was just using it today to compare the xbmc db to the boxee db.
althekiller Wrote:Google broken? I've only used the "sqlite3" cli tool. Probably not what you want.

Google's not broken :-)

I'm at work. Can't spend too much time online. Doing a few 16h stretches so I can only get in bits & pieces of online time.
cowfodder Wrote:You also just edit the theTVDB.com entry for the show. It is wiki style and most shows are open for editing. What shows specifically are you having issues with?

Not shows. The scraper for movies pulled in some wrong movie info & covers.
I'll give the suggestions a go.
You got a lot time to respond to yourself while working Wink
sqlight3 is great for scripting; i use it in a BASH script to scrape URLs from ddtrailer.com & drop them back into my library. for small edits &/or general browsing, i use sqlitebrowser. both from the ubuntu repos
killerbeesateme Wrote:sqlite browser, its available in the ubuntu repos. i was just using it today to compare the xbmc db to the boxee db.

Thanks! Works great.
To whom it may concern...

For the simple viewing & editing, Firefox also has an add-on called SQLite Manager. It can be installed via the usual add-on menu option.
With the latest SVN, phpmyadmin :0.