Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "All Seasons" GUI options: top, bottom, off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When browsing TV Show seasons the "*All Seasons" menu is currently shown at the top by default. It'd be nice if there was an option in the GUI that allowed placement at top, bottom, or off.

Currently to enable this one has to edit the XML file which isn't user friendly. Enabling this option in the GUI would make it easier for users to customize and discover the feature which otherwise would have remained unknown.

Any chances to have this on?

Thanks
I'm of the opinion that most users don't need this customization in the UI, but I'd be open to be proven wrong.
The off option should definitely be in the options menu it is quite annoying that it is not. When this gets put in the options menu I see no reason not to add the other sort order (first, last) to this option as well.

But for the life of me I have never understood why this can not just be switched off via the menu as it was one of the first things I changed as soon as I started using library mode.
I think an option to not display it is a good idea but I would have never thought about having it at the bottom of the list.
motellese, if we add it we may as well do a spinner with all three options.
spiff Wrote:motellese, if we add it we may as well do a spinner with all three options.

Sure no problem for me. I just never thought about having it at the bottom of the list because normally I have to browse to the last season in the list so I press "Up" once I enter a TV show and then I'm at the end of the list exactly where I want to be. So if the "All Episodes" would be at the bottom I'd have to press up twice.
But like I said it's no problem for me, the more options the better (as long as it doesn't get confusing Wink)
I have a similar issue to Montellese's where the *All Seasons item gets in the way, so I'd either turn it off or put at the bottom.

I think that many users could find this useful for a couple of reasons:

* Users that hide ".." may also want to hide *All Seasons
* Aesthetically it may not work well on skins or views that are thumbnail based.
* Users coming from other media center platforms where the menu doesn't exist may prefer to hide it on XBMC to match what they are familiar with.

Here's the ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8535

Thanks,
The feature already exists (via advancedsettings.xml), it's a one liner to change it to UI, so we don't need a ticket.

I'd be quite happy if we changed the setting to OFF by default. I am dead against adding ANY setting to the UI that is not warranted, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Original thread here.

I'd like to see the option to remove "All Seasons" under tv shows. Digging around in the XML isn't too big a problem, it's just an annoyance. It would probably be a nice option under "Skin Settings" for people who aren't willing to get their hands dirty fixing it themselves.

Thanks for such an awesome skin!
You already can. Just turn off Parent Folders (or Parent Items or whatever it is) under the Settings. It's under Appearance I believe. Been there for a loooong time.
Only an advancedsettings.xml option unless something changes, skinners have no control with this setting...

YodaEXE Wrote:You already can. Just turn off Parent Folders (or Parent Items or whatever it is) under the Settings. It's under Appearance I believe. Been there for a loooong time.

Thats just removes the ".." or Go Back option
YodaEXE Wrote:You already can. Just turn off Parent Folders (or Parent Items or whatever it is) under the Settings. It's under Appearance I believe. Been there for a loooong time.

Isn't Parent Folders something completely different? I'm leaving work shortly so I'll have a look when I get home.

mcborzu Wrote:Only an advancedsettings.xml option unless something changes, skinners have no control with this setting...

I suppose I'll submit this as an XBMC request then. Thanks!
Discussed in this thread, with a link to my original thread inside. Don't worry, it's less than 10 posts total Tongue
The option has been determined to be of value for a minority of users, hence the "advancedsetting" status.
Why does that not fit your needs?
Mostly because people I know have really taken notice of my XBMC setup lately and want me to do the same for them. I'm looking at potentially up to a dozen installs soon, and a small setting in the options menu is easier than scrolling through XML every time.

The main annoyance is that skins like Transparency adding the option for season fanart into tv shows makes having the "All Seasons" button a little awkward. Whenever I select a show, it goes to "All Seasons" by default, which has the same fanart and poster as the show in the full list of all TV shows. I'd just prefer that it start out at Season 1, which would have a different fanart and poster.

It just seems like a pretty quick thing for someone to add into the XBMC options menu, but I suppose they probably have bigger fish to fry.
Pages: 1 2 3