Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Poster/Tagline mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Poster Tagline/Video Info mod

This mod will change Alaska's Poster view & Video Info screen. It does the following:

- shifts the focused poster to the left (wrapped & fixed views)
- adds a movie's Tagline & Duration, repositions Genre text.
- adds optional MPAA & IMDb Top 250 rating flags (Individually enabled via Alaska Settings)
- adds German MPAA rating flags & replaces ALL other MPAA flags with simpler, more legible ones
- adds Star & IMDB Top 250 ratings to Video Info screen
- allows either default 5-star or optional 10-star ratings in Video Info screen
- adds space on Video Info screen for MPAA rating text (if available)
- adds number of episodes & unwatched to TV poster views

DOWNLOAD
Requires Alaska Final (NOT Alaska Revisited) as of 03/22/2010

To install, simply extract to your Alaska folder. It will overwrite various xml & Graphic files so you should back up Alaska first in case you want to revert back.

The edited xml files are:
CustomSettings.xml
DialogVideoInfo.xml
Includes.xml
Includes_Animations.xml
Includes_Objects.xml
VideoOverlay.xml
Viewtype_Poster.xml

Important Notes

- If you have personally modified any of the xml files mentioned above, you will need to merge the changes you previously made into these files or vice versa. The best freeware tool I have found for that is WinMerge and a couple aspirin.

- I've always used Ember Media Manager to scrape my movies (it scrapes the tagline & IMDb top250 rating) so I am not sure if Xbmc will internally scrape Taglines/Top250 info (It has been reported to me that the latest nightly builds may do so). If you do not have any Taglines or Top250 info when only using XBMC's internal scrapers you will need to use a third party media manager such as EMM.

- The revised Poster view allows for some very long Titles now (as seen in the preview screenshots) but if you have some very, very long titles then the Viewtype_Poster.xml can be edited to remove the Genre & Duration to allow more room. The pertinent section has been commented.

- This also modifies poster placement in TV Shows. As an added bonus the TV Show poster view now includes the number of episodes & Unwatched episodes. If you don't want that info on your TV Show poster views, the Viewtype_Poster.xml file can be edited and has been commented to easily remove it.

- Regarding the MPAA flag on the poster view. The only problem anyone may run into with Now Playing screen overlapping it is if they have the RSS feed set to show on all screens and not just the Home screen. Sorry, I can't do anything about that as that pushes the Now Playing window up almost to the bottom of the non-focused posters.

- The IMDb Top 250 flag will only show if the movie is ranked. Both the MPAA & IMDB flags can be turned on/off separately via Settings (Default is Off).

- I added xml code to hide the rating text on the Info screen if it only consists of the rating. For example, if the MPAA tag in a movie's nfo file is just "Rated R" then no text will display (the flag image still will) but if the MPAA tag is "Rated R for strong language and violence" then that exact phrase will be displayed on the Info screen.

Additional Screenshots

Image.Image.Image.Image

Change Log

03/22/2010
- Updated DialogVideoInfo.xml & Includes_Animations.xml with latest changes/fixes by Hitcher

03/17/2010
- Updated Includes.xml to include a fix by Hitcher
- Applied fade animation to Video Info IMDb flag

02/25/2010
- Updated to include latest changes/bug fixes from Hitcher
- Added optional 10-star ratings for Video Info screen

02/20/2010
- Combined Tagline mod with Video Info mod
Reserved for future use.
Very nice.
Great, really great.
I love this mod !
Thanks. I noticed this got stickied rather quickly, I hope that means Hitcher liked it. If So, thanks Hitcher!
Now it's pretty much finished the mods can commence.
Updated the download in post#1 to include Hitcher's latest changes done today after I made my initial Mod post. Make sure you have the latest Alaska github download before applying or re-applying the mod.
Brilliant mod. The focused image looks way better shifted over like that.
Could you possibly do a mod to get Genre/Runtime in Panel view? I would really appreciate it (maybe even tagline if there is room)! Seems to be the only thing really missing... and there is plenty of room for it Smile

P.S. Love the MOD - gonna use it for my recently added Movies Big Grin Also LOVING it for TV Shows Big Grin
UnisonRuss Wrote:Could you possibly do a mod to get Genre/Runtime in Panel view? I would really appreciate it (maybe even tagline if there is room)! Seems to be the only thing really missing... and there is plenty of room for it Smile
You say there's plenty of room but you've got to remember everything else that can be displayed so there's no overlapping - which is why I went with the Now Playing label change.

I hope this mod would take into consideration replace plot with tagline in OSD infos Smile too much scrolling in there...
Ah that's true Hitch, guess it couldn't happen.
The mod is really nice, but there are three things which stop me to use it.

1. The red Font Color, it is dominating the whole view. A lighter Grey as the Title font color should be much better.

2. The 'Movie Slogan' is a good idea. But the font is to big.

3. Movies with a title like 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Witch ...' goes over three lines. So the distance between the Title and the Movie should be a touch greater.

Hope my suggestions helps to make this great mod a bit better.

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:The mod is really nice, but there are three things which stop me to use it.

1. The red Font Color, it is dominating the whole view. A lighter Grey as the Title font color should be much better.

2. The 'Movie Slogan' is a good idea. But the font is to big.

3. Movies with a title like 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Witch ...' goes over three lines. So the distance between the Title and the Movie should be a touch greater.

Hope my suggestions helps to make this great mod a bit better.

Efty

1. Do you mean the "Red Slate" theme? That is nothing to do with the mod and can be changed in the Appearance settings.

[EDIT] Nevermind what I just said, I'm an idiot. You obviously are talking about the default color theme and you are right, red is not a good color there. I'll fix it later & post a new download. I have to remember to mod with the default color scheme on... Eek

2. The Tagline area can display two lines & will scroll if more than that. I tried to use a font size that wasn't too small or too big. Personally, I would have liked it a little bigger since i'm in my late 40s & "my eyesight isn't what it used to be", as they say. Nerd

3. Yes, that is a concern as I noted in post#1: "The revised Poster view allows for some very long Titles now (as seen in the preview screenshots below) but if you have some very, very long titles then the Viewtype_Poster.xml can be edited to remove the Genre & Duration to allow more room. The pertinent section has been commented."

I don't have the movie you've mentioned but out of the over 600 movies I have, I didn't run into a problem so I'm hoping it's not too often of an occurrence.

Hitcher Wrote:Originally Posted by UnisonRuss Image
Could you possibly do a mod to get Genre/Runtime in Panel view? I would really appreciate it (maybe even tagline if there is room)! Seems to be the only thing really missing... and there is plenty of room for it Smile
----
You say there's plenty of room but you've got to remember everything else that can be displayed so there's no overlapping - which is why I went with the Now Playing label change.
I tend to agree and don't plan on modding that view, sorry. Sad

chareos Wrote:I hope this mod would take into consideration replace plot with tagline in OSD infos Smile too much scrolling in there...
I'm not sure if I will be doing that but I will gladly take a look at the Video OSD code for you to see what needs to be changed & you can modify your personal Alaska skin. I imagine it is a simple edit, once the right line in the code is found.
A new download is in post#1. The only change is to the color of the Genre & Duration text as seen below. It was formerly red because I did the mod while using the Red Slate theme & didn't have the common sense to load up the default color theme or any of the others to check it. Oops. Huh

Anyway, the colors for Red Slate are still the same, just the default color theme changed. And yes, I checked the Blue Mosaic & Night themes. I think they are okay. Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5