Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing Weather icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I have to say, that this Skin hat a great design. Beautiful, modern, exotic layers, but use the old and ugly weather icons.

I was wondering, if , or How I can change the default weather icons? They´re animated and I don´t want such a thing, I already made my own weather icons(static) and want to put it on this skin. Can anybody say me How?Angry
I would imagine that you just need to find the animated icons for the weather, and then just replace them with your images.

I might be wrong, but I would try that first, making sure you back up the original icons.
MarkTaunton Wrote:I would imagine that you just need to find the animated icons for the weather, and then just replace them with your images.

I might be wrong, but I would try that first, making sure you back up the original icons.

I don´t know why, but, for a simple animated weather icon, exist around 15 icon.
Are you trying to say, that I could delete all icons and reemplaze it with a unic Icon?
The existing textures can be found in XBMC\skin\Xperience\media\animations\weather.
I would imagine you would just rename each of your single images to that of the first image in each of those folders then delete the rest, if you understand what i mean.
This should work ok, but do make sure you back up the existing folder in case it screws upNod
the new version (beta) you can pick from static or animated icons static are the default XBMC ones and animated are the ones in the weather folder so holed off the now till the new beta is out.
Yeah, I was thinking the same, just delete it all the files. And works great!

Old Weather Screen:

New Weather screen:

Just a question, Why the animated icons are many PNG´s? and not gifHuh?
emal011 Wrote:Yeah, I was thinking the same, just delete it all the files. And works great!

Old Weather Screen:

New Weather screen:

Just a question, Why the animated icons are many PNG´s? and not gifHuh?

Gifs are only 256 colours so they would look naff lol