Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: countdown not displaying in xbmc-live but displaying fine in xbmc-win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the title says i'm using back row (i love this skin) but the count down when selecting a file is not displaying, it shows the curtains, but jsut a grey screen. this is at 1920x1080. it does however work in xbmc-windows with my resolution at 1680x1050, any help would be great.
Wow we're back!

Hello Dan - Well I can confirm that the countdown effect works for 1920x1080 in windows - Can you make sure that you are using a brand new download of the Back-Row skin on the XBMC live install just to rule that out.

It stopped working a couple of months back when the countdown images were contained within the textures.xpr, Since bringing them out of there and putting them in a folder called images they've been working okay.
hey sharpe, yep i can confirm i'm using the latest as i re-isntalled the skin yesterday (and sent you a message on 4shared.com because i didnt know when the forum would be back)
Ah right cool - I'll try and dig out a live distro and test this.

Cheers
thanks very much
I couldn't get live working on my system so this is untested but I think it's a stupid linux case sensitive bug again. I thought I'd fixed most of them. Anyway I've made a change to the SVN and uploaded the fix to the home.xml files in the 4shared link - let me know if it fixes it would you?

Thanks
hey sharpe, deleted my old one, and installed the new one. now there is no curtain, or even gray screen. i double checked to make sure they wernt toggled off, and they arnt.
any new developments sharpe?
I'm trying to get a live working on my system - with no luck so far.

Without that I can't test any fixes I may put in place.

Hey djdafreund - have you got a live install?
sharpe are you doing a conventional install? if so, you might wanna try VM Ware,
It's okay I got it working on a USB drive and managed to FTP in using a mac mini with parallels and XP installed in order to put the skin on it.

I found that using the latest version of the skin, that was uploaded last night, the countdown animation played fine. I was using the Camelot build as I couldn't get the more recent nightlies to install on my USB drive.

So if the latest version of the skin isn't showing the countdown for you - it's something unusual. If you are going to test it again could you make sure that are using a completely clean newly downloaded version of the skin?

Let me know how you get on
hey sharpe, i deleted the skin folder as root, reup'd it as xbmc, and it still wasnt displaying it. i then reset the skin to default and viola it worked.

Thank you for all your help.
No worries - glad it's working
I'm having the same issue.

xbmc r30515 and backrow r2762 on ubuntu lucid