Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Program Panels in the Programs section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here we go again... Wink

Description:

This will enable the Program Panels View (only the view) in the programs section of XBMC.

Screenshots:

Instructions:

1. Edit Include_Views.xml in the 720p folder.

Goto line 15 and add the following include command to the other include commands:

PHP Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Program Panels.xml" /> 

Goto roughly line 50 and add the following line into the <include name="Other-Views"> </include> bracket:

PHP Code:
<include>Viewtype-Program Panels</include> 

It should look like this:

PHP Code:
<include name="Other-Views">
    <include>
Viewtype-File Mode</include>
     <include>
Viewtype-Walls</include>

<include>
Viewtype-Program Panels</include> 
</include> 

2. Edit MyPrograms.xml in the 720p folder.

Goto line 4 and change the following:

PHP Code:
<views>50</views

to

PHP Code:
<view>50,66</view

(This adds the ID 66 of the program panels element to the available program views.)

3. Download my Viewtype_Program Panels.xml file, unpack it and put it in the 720p folder. Now you should be able to activate the Program Panels view in the programs section.

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/364590258/Pr...Panels.rar

Comments:

As noted this will only enable the Programs View, this will not add any of the graphics in the screenshots above. You will have to add your own graphics or screenshots for the panel view. I will post my personal setup soon though.

Have fun,
YRUSirius
I've been waiting for this thread for days Smile
I've still got the older 'dvd'-size version, without the titles.

The above description is for the 'square' version wíth the titles, right? Smile

Edit:
It is, had to edit the original skin, though (with the edited one, it was a hybrid, square ánd DVD :-P )
But you didn't try to get the square panels when you used my View_Programs Panel.xml? You sure about that?

-YRUSirius
YRUSirius Wrote:But you didn't try to get the square panels when you used my View_Programs Panel.xml? You sure about that?

-YRUSirius
The site went down when I was still editting the xml-files, I think. I had the very first draft, which was using, I think, "Viewtype-Posters Movies"-include in the Other-views-section of Include-views. But I wasn't able to finish it all, I think.
--------------------------------------
Anyway, with a fresh set of files and following the little howto in this topic everything worked fine, so i'm a happy camper now Smile

I still wonder where you got the pics you have in the panels in the first picture (with the consoles)?
Ok, good to hear.

I made those graphics myself, I might post them and their layered Paint.NET files so anyone can modify them any way they want.

-YRUSirius
Alright, I got a question for some experienced coders.

Say, I got this program view for my roms.

Would it be possible to play a little gameplay preview of the game after a few seconds over the title screen of the selected video? Let's say I got a collection of gameplay previews (wmv, 30 secs) in a specific location.

Would I need to program a plug-in or a script for this? Or any other ideas? Something like a new game launcher plugin/script for xperience with the same interface (xperience panel view)?

-YRUSirius
As far as I know, playing a file automatically after hovering for x amount of seconds I haven't seen done. Seen it asked a few times but any of the answers never worked...

Only way I can think of is you could have <ondown> activate a button, then that button plays a file...
First thanks for the mod, the default and only view for Programs under Xperience is pretty boring for emulators. I have one question in regards to the art being displayed. For all of my games I use the box art as opposed to in game screen shots that are used in the screen shots. Now for SNES and N64 games where the box is wider then it is taller the boxes are displayed perfect. Now for Genesis, and Nintendo where the box are is taller then it is wide it compresses the picture down into a nice square.

This is odd to me because when pictures are displayed width doesnt seem to be affected but height is. Is this normal behavior and if it is would it be quite an undertaking to make it so taller pictures are not compressed down into a square?
Tried to implement this today to see if it would look good and proper and it seems mcborzu used the same xml here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71952 for TV Panels view which I have already added and this no longer seems to work YRUSirius if you want to update this for me I'll probably add it to the 1.1 release.
I haven't used mcborzus mod yet, so I haven't looked at it in any detail yet.

I can't remember; did he use my Viewtype_Program Panels.xml? If so, try renaming either his or my file to something else? Or maybe use another ID if that's conflicting with each other?

I haven't looked at my own mod in some time in fact (due to not using mcborzus mod).

Ask mcborzu to make his mod compatible with mine. Tongue Wink

-YRUSirius

EDIT: Say, you rename my "Viewtype_Program Panels.xml" file to "Viewtype_Original Program Panels.xml" and change this in the scripts too? Would this be enough to make it work? Maybe you'll need to change the ID to something like 69 additionally; a new unused value.
YRUSirius Wrote:I haven't used mcborzus mod yet, so I haven't looked at it in any detail yet.

I can't remember; did he use my Viewtype_Program Panels.xml? If so, try renaming either his or my file to something else? Or maybe use another ID if that's conflicting with each other?

I haven't looked at my own mod in some time in fact (due to not using mcborzus mod).

Ask mcborzu to make his mod compatible with mine. Tongue Wink

-YRUSirius

Yea probably a simple Window.IsActive(programs) is all that it would need...
mcborzu I'll send you the newest copy of xperience and let you see if you want?

Please post any further mods here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70165
Got a new question, can someone tick me into the right direction in implementing this view for video plugins? I can't find the xml where the views for the video plugins are defined.

EDIT: Again, I found it myself after hours of searching. Will post instructions later.

-YRUSirius
Is it possible to convert that to the new version (1.1) ?
I'm sure it's possible. I'm not using version 1.1 so I'm sorry that I haven't converted it to it. I'm not sure if I will, but with some little tweaking in the files it should be possible.

I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. Smile

-YRUSirius
Pages: 1 2