Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble using library mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I installed version 0.6.6 on my Nexus One and followed the advice here to set it up. Although the connection settings were a little different on the app than in the screenshots (extra options like Access Point, WOL Port etc.) I managed to set it up OK.

However while the Remote Control function works, it fails to connect to my library and I just see the 'try again to connect' button. I've allowed control of XBMC through HTTP, and allowed other computers to control XBMC. I am using a wi-fi router so was wondering if I needed to open any ports, but I haven't found any info on that.

I have searched pretty hard for a solution, but all I seem to find is people with the opposite problem - a working library but no remote.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated Smile
If you open
Code:
http://xbmc:port/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120;121)
while replacing xbmc and port by the settings you entered, do you get something in return? Try it on your PC's browser as well as on Android's.
From my PC I get:

PRE-10.5 r27556
Feb 8 2010

And from my phone I get a name/password prompt for "GoAhead".
So... did you set a password on XBMC side? Also you're still running a build with XBMC's old HTTPd, so an update to something higher (typically 28276) is recommended (otherwise cover download won't work).
The most recent build I could find was 28256 so I installed that, and I also realised I was running 0.6.6 of XMBC Remote so I updated that to 0.6.7 too.

Anyway - problem solved! Not sure if that was the problem but library is completely visible now.

Amazing little app by the way Smile I'm glad I made the effort to get the library working because compared to the remote alone it has improved tenfold! Thanks for your help.