Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wall Icons Music view.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the Wall Icons music view. I use it for my singles collection and it looks fantastic!

However, for me the popup with image and name comes too quickly, and makes browsing inconvenient and less visually attractive.

Is their an easy mod I can do to delay that popup significantly or perhaps suppress it altogether?

Thanks!
Hi - sure no problem try this

To remove the popup for just singles (songs):

Edit CommonViewTypes.xml in the PAL16X9 folder
Remove lines 2554 to 2640

To remove the popup for all:
Same file
Remove lines 2437 - 2740

Cheers
Thanks so much Sharpe - will try that out asap Smile

Actually just ended up changing the relevant delay figure from 2000 to 10000 to make me happy Smile
Ah that's cool I was just about to tell you what you needed to edit but see you figured it out - nice one.
Quick, slightly OT question if anyone has time to answer it.

If i edit a file like CommonViewTypes.xml as above (just changing one number from 2000 to 10000) will Tortoise SVN still update any future changes made to the file in SVN?

From what I've researched, I believe it will merge my change into all subsequent versions of the file. However, if anyone could confirm that that will indeed be the case that would be awesome! In fact I think that such a merge has already occurred but just want to be sure Smile

(I'm running latest version of Tortoise with standard options.)

Thanks!
if your using tortoiseSVN, and you make a change to the file, when you update, it will automatically ignore updating that specific file, but won't merge it by default. You can manually merge it though, depending on what kind of changes are done, else you might end up getting a conflict error message.
Cool - thanks for letting me know Smile I thought the above file was changed in the recent updates, so I presumed that it had indeed merged by default....
One tiny problem with the change made above:

I changed 2000 to 10000 and nothing else.

Now, the first icon i move over retreats back for a second (as if the info were about to pop up) but then restores itself. This only happens once (the very first time) but it does happen each time i enter the Singles section now.

Any idea what else I'd need to tweak to avoid this?

Thanks so much.
kiboy6 Wrote:One tiny problem with the change made above:

I changed 2000 to 10000 and nothing else.

Now, the first icon i move over retreats back for a second (as if the info were about to pop up) but then restores itself. This only happens once (the very first time) but it does happen each time i enter the Singles section now.

Any idea what else I'd need to tweak to avoid this?

Thanks so much.

I've attempted to fix this - but you'll need to reapply your mod after you download the new files.
That's working beautifully Smile Thanks!