Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FNG About to pull his hair out... lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok. I used XBMC many years ago with my first xbox. I recently downloaded it for Windows as I intend to use it on my HTPC. About 4 days ago I began the laborious task of re-tagging my FLAC and MP3 files. After 4 days I have gotten no where. I've tried using both last.fm and allmusic scrapers, adding customer cover art to each directory and gotten none of it works.

I've tagged each FLAC and MP3 file with the corresponding data on allmusic and last.fm, either way it does not work. Specifically AC/DC Back in Black shows up correctly however AC/DC Flick of the Switch shows nothing except a speaker and no music info.

Also, for some reason, all my AC/DC files are tagged as AC/DC and in a directory called /Music/ACDC/album/song.flac and I see two entries. One for ACDC and one for AC/DC with different contents. :confused2:

I've spent 4 days trying to find a solution. Please... help me from going bald before I turn 30. lol.
I presume you scanned your AC/DC folder and when you go to Music -> Library -> Artists, you see two artist entries: ACDC and AC/DC. Is that correct?
kraqh3d Wrote:I presume you scanned your AC/DC folder and when you go to Music -> Library -> Artists, you see two artist entries: ACDC and AC/DC. Is that correct?

Yes. That is one issue.
One issue? What are the others exactly?

But to start with the Library issue, you need to post a debug log for review ... Close Xbmc and rename your music database so Xbmc so will create blank new one when you enter the music section. Enable debugging. Set the scraper to allmusic.com. Scan your music. Post the debug log to pastebin and a link here.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log..._Debugging
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._stored.3F
Here's the log file as requested: http://pastebin.com/M8WPJDFm
I don't see any real issue other than TNT wasn't found. It's probably because of the periods in the name in your tag (T.N.T.). It also appears that Xbmc only found a single artist name in your tags AC/DC.

What songs appear in your ACDC artist? Look at the tags for those songs.

grep GRABBER M*
Code:
23:37:14 T:2972 M:2013040640   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindArtistinfo: Searching for 'AC/DC' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:20 T:1512 M:2013306880   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - '74 Jailbreak' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:28 T:6088 M:2013646848   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - AC/DC Live' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:34 T:4488 M:2014113792   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Back in Black' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:38 T:4436 M:2015088640   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Ballbreaker' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:44 T:4768 M:2015711232   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Black Ice' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:49 T:5672 M:2015756288   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:54 T:1220 M:2015866880   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:37:59 T:4924 M:2015555584   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Highway to Hell' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:38:04 T:5224 M:2018152448   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Let There Be Rock' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:38:08 T:5280 M:2020745216   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Powerage' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:38:16 T:524 M:2021048320   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - T.N.T.' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
23:38:23 T:524 M:2020098048   ERROR: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Unable to retrieve web site
23:38:23 T:5468 M:2018316288   DEBUG: MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper::FindAlbuminfo: Searching for 'AC/DC - Who Made Who' using Allmusic scraper (file: 'allmusic.xml', content: 'albums', language: 'en', date: '2009-09-30', framework: '1.1')
1. Scraper is irrelevant, the tags are "scraped" from the files.
Scrapers are only used for artist/album information.
2. What program did you use to tag the files?
3. What filename do you use for custom covers?

PS I'd put money on something like that the affected files have artist is AC/DC and Album Artist as ACDC, that is if some files show under both (which is not entirely clear to me from your post).

In the future, please use more descriptive topic names.
sho Wrote:1. Scraper is irrelevant, the tags are "scraped" from the files.
Scrapers are only used for artist/album information.
2. What program did you use to tag the files?
3. What filename do you use for custom covers?

PS I'd put money on something like that the affected files have artist is AC/DC and Album Artist as ACDC, that is if some files show under both (which is not entirely clear to me from your post).

In the future, please use more descriptive topic names.

My apologies, I will be more descriptive next time. As for the filenames I named the files according to the way they were listed on allmusic. I use EasyTag to modify the tags for the FLAC files.

For example if the song is Thunderstruck then it is named Thunderstruck.flac.

The reason you only see 1 artist is because i have a significant library and am not going to add it all at once until I figure out the correct naming conventions and what not to ensure it works correctly.

As for customer covers, I don't have any. All the ones shown have been pulled from allmusic when the library was added. I tried adding 1 customer cover and naming it the same as the directory but it did not work.
@drek,
What *exactly* is your problem? You first said you scanned once and had two different artists -- AC/DC and ACDC. But, I see no such evidence of that.

The navigation tree is built exclusively off the tag data. Nothing else. The artist and album tag data is then fed to the scraper to pull down extra information about the artist and album. If you had something tagged with an incorrect artist of "ACDC", I would have been reflected in that log.

Now, if your only problem is that your custom album image isn't showing, I presume its because you added to your filesystem after scanning. Xbmc is designed not find it. It already has an image that it cached. And take a look at this for naming music song and album thumbs:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Thumbnails

You can also have an "artist" thumbs but I forget the specifics. I think it requires that all songs from that artist have a common root path, meaning your filesystem layout is /music-root/artist/album/song.xyz

You can update the image afterward though. YOu need to invoke the album info dialog, and then theres a "get thumb" or "refresh thumb" button. Click it, and you should be able to choose between the scraped image, and a local image.
kraqh3d Wrote:@drek,
What *exactly* is your problem? You first said you scanned once and had two different artists -- AC/DC and ACDC. But, I see no such evidence of that.

The navigation tree is built exclusively off the tag data. Nothing else. The artist and album tag data is then fed to the scraper to pull down extra information about the artist and album. If you had something tagged with an incorrect artist of "ACDC", I would have been reflected in that log.

Now, if your only problem is that your custom album image isn't showing, I presume its because you added to your filesystem after scanning. Xbmc is designed not find it. It already has an image that it cached. And take a look at this for naming music song and album thumbs:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Thumbnails

You can also have an "artist" thumbs but I forget the specifics. I think it requires that all songs from that artist have a common root path, meaning your filesystem layout is /music-root/artist/album/song.xyz

You can update the image afterward though. YOu need to invoke the album info dialog, and then theres a "get thumb" or "refresh thumb" button. Click it, and you should be able to choose between the scraped image, and a local image.

@kraqh3d
My above responses were in related to questions directed to me. Sorry for the confusion.

My issue remains the same, if I switch to Library view and select artist and see an entry for ACDC and one for AC/DC. All of the tags have been edited by me and are showing AC/DC. There is not a single one showing as ACDC. The directory structure for my files is /Music/ACDC/album/song.flac where song is literally Thunderstruck.flac for the song Thunderstruck. Should my naming convention be changed?
It's got nothing to do with your file naming convention. The filesystem layout is irrelevant. The fault is in your tags. If you see an artist of "ACDC", its because Xbmc found that artist in one of your file's tags. Do this: Artists -> ACDC -> *All Albums, to get the full list of songs with that artist tag. Inspect one of those files. Feel free to PM me for further help, especially if you don't mind sending me one of the offending files.
CACHE, SCAN & CLEAN...*

If you scanned an item into your library, received the incorrect result 'ACDC', then made changes to correct them, then scanned again, that is likely the source of your problem.

Everything in XBMC is based upon data that is cached to the main program folder. The items that you changed in order to correct them are seen as 'NEW' content by XBMC in the subsequent scan. So even if every music file currently shows as 'AC/DC' when you check your ID3 tags, all of them that at some point showed 'ACDC' instead will appear in your Music Library twice: once as 'ACDC' and again as 'AC/DC'.

Check to see if the XBMC Music Settings page in your current skin will allow you 'clean' your Music Library. That is, remove items listed in the Library's cache that no longer point to valid media. If not, then you will have to manually choose each entry of 'ACDC', bring up the Context menu (press 'C' on the keyboard when the item is highlighted) and choose 'Remove from Library'. I hope this helps!

Unta Glebin Gloutin Globin,

Red Ronin, The Cybernetic Samurai

* I only suggest this because I had a similar issue when tackling my own Video/Movies/Television Library issues.
Lies. That only applies to videos.

With music, if you change a tag, then the old information is removed, and the new information replaces it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
The issue was an incorrect ENSEMBLE tag.
jmarshall Wrote:Lies. That only applies to videos.

With music, if you change a tag, then the old information is removed, and the new information replaces it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan,
Recently I added a group and several albums to my music library, then had to update my tags with the MediaMonkey application. Once I rescanned the library I got two entries of the same albums with the artist name spelled differently (e.g. Beatles and BEATLES) - based on tags BEFORE and AFTER the above tag update.
I cannot remove the wrong entries, i.e. the entries based on info before the update. Somebody mentioned "remove from library" function, like in movies. I do have this function in movies but do not have it in music. I scanned the music library after the update several times. Also used "clean database" function. What else should I try? Is there any guide on how to troubleshoot issues with music library? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Alex
Acer 3610; PM3HD skin
Pages: 1 2 3