Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [All] Update track focus on music playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I posted a similar question in the Big Alaska skin subforum, but I think this should be a general XBMC question about music playback:

When playing a series of music tracks, xbmc will automatically highlight the currently playing track, but the "focus" does not follow to that track.

What I'd like is to have the thumbnail and fanart refresh as if that track has been selected. Essentially, have xbmc follow what is being played currently.

Try this as an example: I started out selecting Track 2. It's highted, with thumbnail and fanart. When Track 2 finishes and moved on to Track 3, the focus doesnt follow or refresh that data.

Possible to make modification? Can I add the same code that triggers the fanart and thumbnail update to the xml that defines what happens when a track is played?
Xbmc simply does not do this. You cannot modify any skin xml for this. It's a code change. It's possible with a caveat. If I'm not mistaken, upon a track change, it tries to locate the file in the current music panel. If it's there, it sets that index as highlighted. It could set it as selected instead, however, it could get annoying. If you were navigating the panel, the focused item would just change on you.
kraqh3d Wrote:Xbmc simply does not do this. You cannot modify any skin xml for this. It's a code change. It's possible with a caveat. If I'm not mistaken, upon a track change, it tries to locate the file in the current music panel. If it's there, it sets that index as highlighted. It could set it as selected instead, however, it could get annoying. If you were navigating the panel, the focused item would just change on you.

Ahhh soo, you are right. That would be a bad feature indeed. Laugh

So, in reality, allowing FanArt in the Visualization screen is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, right? That would be the place to have the artwork update based on what is actually playing.

Now if only I could figure out how to get that part to work...
Yes. Smile

Try using "MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)" as a texture in the visualisation xml skin file.

The wiki says this is the fanart from the current artist, but there's nothing else noted in the wiki that may be even close to what you're looking for.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels