Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Options-Hide-Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

While navigating through the libraries I experienced that there should be some kind of an Option-Hide-Feature. Smile

For example, in this view it would be very nice if there wouldn't pop-up the Options-Menu while pushing the direction-button to left/right.

The overall navigating could became smoother because of the hidden menu.
Furthermore there are a lot of people which do not use this popup-menu.

This could be divided into twoe different Levels (in the skin-settings).

Level 1:
Only Several Viewtypes are hidden, for quicker changing of them.

Level 2:
The complete Menu is hidden.
(This one should be easier to handle)

An addition we could also see this hidden-feature as some kind of Lock-Feature, which don't let other people accidentially change any of the viewtype-option etc. Friends/Family-Members/Strangers will be able to use the entire skin in a very flawless way and as mentioned it is a very big plus in case of navigating.

Regards, Laugh
Ubuntuf4n
It's supposed to be that way by nature. You'll notice every skin out there also does this. And it's so you can switch between library/file mode and different views on the fly, which a lot of people do use. In addition to using the Search "big one here". Plus, there's nothing bad someone could do with these settings. I don't know if Sharpe knows if it's an option or not as far as being able to toggle these option screen's on/off, but will definitely not be removed as it's a big functionality of xbmc within the mode's as far as usage.
No, there is a misunderstood, I would like to see an option to hide it (invisible).
Nothing to do with the removing. :-)
Bump..... Smile
It's possible there was no answer yet because there were currently no solutions of going about doing this currently. Just a thought. :rolleyes2:

It's a nice idea, but some things might not be possible at a skin level. But if it is, i'm sure Sharpe might know of a way. Don't you have something SIMILAR through the use of profile's and controls? It's been ages since i personally messed with profile's.
You can't have that feature XBMC wide but skin-wise you can have a Kiosk mode which is the same. My skin, Alaska and maybe some version of Aeon has a Kiosk mode:

I hid everything but context menu with:

Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus + !Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)</visible>

Skin.HasSetting(LockViews) is what I use for the Kiosk skin setting. I use it on the relevant parts like the view options and dialogvideoinfo. The thing profiles wont take away is view options and thats probably the area most spouses/not techies get into trouble...
Thanks mcborzu!

Such a Kiosk-Mode is exactly what I am looking for. Big Grin

Would be very nice, if anyone from the Backrow-Team could implement this code.
Ah, gotcha. Well, if Sharpe gets a chance and wants to add this, it's his choice with coding. I just do graphics editing/design.
kiosk mode - ok I'll add this.
Big thx:::: Big Grin
It's been added - cheers
Sharpe,

Great work. Big Grin

I noticed this...

movies:

Standard-View

Press Left (Quick-Scroll-Bar)

Freezed, no button press possible

Should be back to standard after pressing left on scroll bar

tvshows....

Standard-View

Freezed, no button pressing possible

Should be like this (now right banner focused)

Would be cool, if you could check this.. Laugh

Best Regards & many Thanks,
ubuntuf4n
maybe mcborzu has the idea... ?
lol - maybe he does!

I'm not quite sure what you're asking is all.
Pages: 1 2