Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wall 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hopefully the updated take on Night's wall view will address the "I love the look but the posters are too small" suggestions...

I spent 2 days trying to get fake thumbs around the wall to mimic actual movement of the wall even though I got close I just don't think it's possible. Now I increased the thumb size and lowered the angle a bit and used some other tricks and I think it flows and looks alot better...

Heres a video - Youtube Link

BEFORE

AFTER

Amazing! Thank you.
Will give it a try and get you some feedback

UPDATE: It's really good. Much better.
The fake thumbs stand out a bit more and makes the scrolling seem less fluent. I'll try to change the opacity a bit and see if it looks better..
Looks good, but I think it needs a bit more work.

Thoughts and ideas:

I think you should remove the bottom fourth row, it takes away from the experience when the view shifts up a couple of times when trying to view the lower movies. With three rows you could keep all covers viewable without having to shift the view.

As for the static covers on the right, I understand your dilemma. But I think I may have an idea for a way to fix it while also making the text look a bit better. You could remove the static covers all together and extend the movie cover list to near the end. However, at the point of or just before the plot text and title come in contact with the covers create a fade mask that gradually fades out to the right. This way the plot text is not on top of fully opaque covers and will be easier to read.

You would also need to place an invisible barrier to stop users from moving past the fourth or fifth column at which point the wall itself moves to the left showing the next movies in the list. This would then move the farthest movies that are being masked to show more and more until the point where they are at 100% opacity (the seventh column seems to be the best option to exit the opacity mask.)

Unfortunate the only issue I still have with the wall view are movies with long titles. At the moment I have no ideas on how this could be solved without re-doing the entire thing... Sad

Anyway, great job on the changes. Your doing an amazing job with keeping up with everyone and I'm very impressed with your dedication.
Looks fantastic, I can't wait to try it out. ^_^
Cool .. u still have the runtime in details !! 1 hr 30 mins !!!

which version of xbmc u have ?

thanks
costa Wrote:Cool .. u still have the runtime in details !! 1 hr 30 mins !!!

which version of xbmc u have ?

thanks

I'm pretty sure you're looking at the old screenshot.
The new one suffers from the same issue as everyone else.
hikaricore Wrote:I'm pretty sure you're looking at the old screenshot.
The new one suffers from the same issue as everyone else.

LOL .. you are right mate

is there any way to get this format of runtime? !
Awesome !!!! Good work !!

Is it available in the last revision (yesterday) ?
I like it but i agree with what kallaide said.

Should only be able to scroll the wall in one direction, makes it confusing being able to move vertical and horizontal. Also personally id get rid of the fake thumbs, dont look great when you get to the end of the wall.
it's amazing Smile thank you
But i have a problem with the last github, no way in home menu to move at left or right ? If i put an older revision of night, it's ok.
Do you have any idea ?
Thank you in advance
Man if you guys think the fake thumbs stand out now they really must of be obvious on the older version...

I'll take these suggestions and see what I can improve...
Amazing !
Love it, thanks !!!
supertom44 Wrote:I like it but i agree with what kallaide said.

Should only be able to scroll the wall in one direction, makes it confusing being able to move vertical and horizontal. Also personally id get rid of the fake thumbs, dont look great when you get to the end of the wall.

Why would you only want to be able to scroll in one direction in a wall view?
That defeats the entire point of such a view, besides there is already a view that behaves like this we don't need another one.
hikaricore Wrote:Why would you only want to be able to scroll in one direction in a wall view?
That defeats the entire point of such a view, besides there is already a view that behaves like this we don't need another one.

I think he meant that it should only be a horizontal-type scrolling i.e left and right. And not left-right-up-down.
I think it's pretty fine as it is since the bottom and top posters are almost always visible, no matter what you're highlighting at the moment.
I'll be a bit more precise next time. I know all too well how not enough info can make all the difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4