Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: won't down tv banners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive got this going nicely now after installing a stable version of xbmc..

THe only thing I cant get is tv banners, movie ones come down fine and so do tv season banners etc

If i click on download tv banners, it shows the countyer 1/222 etc and goes right up to 222/222 then at the end says 0 banners downloaded...

ive tried clearing the cache out but made no difference..

any ideas ? Smile

this is on version .71 with xbmc 9.11 r26017
I also have this exact problem.

I am using a moto droid. Newest version of xbmc remote (downloaded last night) and an xbox with the last stable release of xbmc for xbox I forget version #.
Will check. Note that I can't (won't) test it on anything older than Camelot (9.11). Do the banners show up fine just by going into the TV Shows lib?
im not exactly sure what you are asking?
freezy Wrote:Will check. Note that I can't (won't) test it on anything older than Camelot (9.11). Do the banners show up fine just by going into the TV Shows lib?

You mean just browsing into "watch your tv shows" ?
Then no, no banners are shown at all.

am now on the version from the market .81 i believe.
Am using the version of xbmc that is on the main download link from the xbmc page.

If I go into a tv show then the season posters are displayed..

and no problems with movies either... just tv show banners wont come up..

(of course viewing in the xbox or xbmc on my windows pc displays all tv banners perfectly which were downloaded using a 3rd party app.. mediacompanion 2)
I have the same problem it seems.
I'm running 9.11 not sure exactly which rev since I'm at work atm but it's the XBMCFreak Livecd 9.11 v14 version if that helps. On my android I have the market version .81 but I think it was the same in the previous version too.

Movies and actors work nicely but the tv banners don't, strange thing though is that 1 (Dark Angel) of my 60 tv shows get the banner.

In the Library on my xbmc they all have banners, if that was what you were wondering about.
I removed a tv show from the library and I just cant get this app to accept its gone.. I've cleared the cache.. no effect.

I used the update library which says its going to update the movie library (hope that means tv library too) - no effect..

I removed the host completely from the app and entered it in again.. no effect..

Anyway of making this app update the tv library and getting rid of shows that are no longer actually in the library?
The remote just queries the http api and let xbmc execute the query on it's database. So it's more likely that this is a xbmc issue.
Yeah, or you're connecting to a different XBMC box where the show is still there? We don't cache any listings, every time you go to a listing it's coming freshly from XBMC, so something stinks in your scenario.

About the banners: do you have the share where your TV shows are available? The banner is loaded directly from the share and not from XBMC's cache, so in case you don't have your shows stored locally on the same box as XBMC, make sure the share is well and alive (and disks are not spun down).
freezy Wrote:Yeah, or you're connecting to a different XBMC box where the show is still there? We don't cache any listings, every time you go to a listing it's coming freshly from XBMC, so something stinks in your scenario.

About the banners: do you have the share where your TV shows are available? The banner is loaded directly from the share and not from XBMC's cache, so in case you don't have your shows stored locally on the same box as XBMC, make sure the share is well and alive (and disks are not spun down).

Indeed this part was an xbmc issue, just xbmc not updating a tv show properly, my mistake..
That is a separate issue from the banners not being downloaded..
Any thing I can do to help debug this? would be nice to get it working and obviously not just affecting myself..
freezy Wrote:About the banners: do you have the share where your TV shows are available? The banner is loaded directly from the share and not from XBMC's cache, so in case you don't have your shows stored locally on the same box as XBMC, make sure the share is well and alive (and disks are not spun down).

I have all tv shows on a separate server but it shouldn't be a problem to access them there. The movies are on the same server and they all work fine.
+1 for the same problem. On the Android XBMC Remote, movie posters, music CD covers, TV season art, and TV episode screen caps all get pulled in fine, but TV title banners are NOT getting pulled in. All art is fine on the actual media center.

XBMC 9.11, Motorola Droid w/ CyanogenMod 6.0 RC1

-Freeze
I also have this problem. On XBMC the banners are visible, but on the remote they aren't. The Movie Posters are no problem at all. They are being downloaded and are visible, but only the TV Show Banners aren't. When you download the banners I see it does recognise the amount of series, I see a progressbar and then the message "0 Posters downloaded". When I browse with Astro there aren't any posters downloaded either.

What can be the problem? And most importantly, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance! Smile
ffs. this has been covered so many times in the forums now. search!
I've searched, but the only topics I found where those of the Iphone-app instead of the Android App. Which searchparameters do I have to use to come to the solution of my problem? I've even searched within the issuelist from code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote pages and found nothing that could help me, so that's why I kicked this topic.
Pages: 1 2