Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Progress Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to integrate extend a progress bar in the player osd.

Currently I am only able to see the progress bar if I stop the movie/tvshow, otherwise I am not able to see it.

There is also a runtime with a syntax-time, but for a quick-view it is better to get the progress with just a click (windows button) on your remote.

Currently it is like this (pause):

Movie is running, no progress-bar (though current time is shown)

Extended with a Progress Bar

I know that this change sounds unnecessary, but the fact is that you need to focus for the current runtime for at least 3-4 seconds, instead of just 1 sec. with a progress bar.
IMHO, this would be a welcome change for the backrow skin.

Regards,
ubuntuf4n
Well, we actually had it that way pretty much since the very beginning, but upgraded the setup as it was more requested that way, and cleaner.
djdafreund, I was not aware of that, :-)

maybe my example is just too big, what about making it like the size of the first screenshot, so that it wouldn't destroy the clean look.

I just thought, that it should be a design follows function thingy, not the other way.
After all, its a skin for cineastic people, and we all love such bars... Laugh

I thought about it for a couple of times, because I feel that it would be good to see it while doing the playback.

Regards,
ubuntuf4n
Yeah I pretty much agree - it's useful to see a seekbar when you bring up the main controls.

So I've just made it visible and slightly tweaked the labels to suit.

Thanks!
I guess maybe i was just confused at what what being asked and shown. I kind of got it now after looking at the change. Sorry. Smile
its okay... :-)