Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MODS] Place mod and concept screenshots here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Place Concept drawings or MOD screenshots in this thread.
I was trying to create something today but haven't really got the code skills to pull this off, so I figured somebody with those might like the idea.

It's a mod to the recent items on the home screen which I found a bit cluttered. It leaves you with just featured and statistics, heres how far I got with it:

However I've gotten stuck, I can only remove the 'white.png' from music, but not from TV Shows & Movies:

I also haven't been able to add custom backgrounds back in, which you would normally set in the settings menu.

If I can get the backgrounds working and the white.png's removed I want to add a studio flag for the movies or tv show on display (or an option for it) so it looks like this..

Full size images:

Mockup 1

Mockup 2

Would love to see it happen. The skin is fantastic by the way.

Changes I've made:

Removed recently added items, only featured and stats show.
Removed left 'seperatorwhite.png'.
Removed movie rating.
Removed episode rating.
Reduced episode thumb size/moved position down, for flag.
DuMbGuM Wrote:I was trying to create something today but haven't really got the code skills to pull this off, so I figured somebody with those might like the idea.

It's a mod to the recent items on the home screen which I found a bit cluttered. It leaves you with just featured and statistics, heres how far I got with it:

However I've gotten stuck, I can only remove the 'white.png' from music, but not from TV Shows & Movies:

I also haven't been able to add custom backgrounds back in, which you would normally set in the settings menu.

If I can get the backgrounds working and the white.png's removed I want to add a studio flag for the movies or tv show on display (or an option for it) so it looks like this..

Full size images:

Mockup 1

Mockup 2

Would love to see it happen. The skin is fantastic by the way.

Changes I've made:

Removed recently added items, only featured and stats show.
Removed left 'seperatorwhite.png'.
Removed movie rating.
Removed episode rating.
Reduced episode thumb size/moved position down, for flag.

How do you get the studio label on the home screen? Shocked
Ah I didn't, I just photoshopped that part to explain what I wanted to do, haha. I'm not sure if it's possible outside of the library Sad
DuMbGuM Wrote:Ah I didn't, I just photoshopped that part to explain what I wanted to do, haha. I'm not sure if it's possible outside of the library Sad

Ah, that makes sense, I'm 99% sure that cant be done.
That is a pity. The first two screenshots are taken from inside XBMC though, I just cannot get rid of that white box on movies/tv, and also the custom backgrounds.

Edit:

Making progress, have gotten rid of the white boxes from the recently added area on movies and tv seen in screenshot 2, so thats fixed, now trying to fix the custom background issue.

Edit 2:

Okay finally fixed the backgrounds. It's taking shape now:

Movies - Large Size

It's also a shame theres no way to call the plot info with recentlyadded.py
Hey! thanks for this awesome skin, I'm now in the process of modding SHADE to fit my need with the advanced launcher addon

Here is a screenie

I can't figure out how to convert this to a new viewtype, I want to implement this and wall view then. Right now my mod replaces the stock SHADE apps viewtype which I don't want.

If anyone wants this quick dirty mod it's here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/149537/ViewsFileMode.xml
DuMbGuM Wrote:That is a pity. The first two screenshots are taken from inside XBMC though, I just cannot get rid of that white box on movies/tv, and also the custom backgrounds.

Edit:

Making progress, have gotten rid of the white boxes from the recently added area on movies and tv seen in screenshot 2, so thats fixed, now trying to fix the custom background issue.

Edit 2:

Okay finally fixed the backgrounds. It's taking shape now:

It's also a shame theres no way to call the plot info with recentlyadded.py

I was wondering, could you help modify you mod so that it removes those white boxes you mentioned (from the recently added area), and add the custom fan art possibility but maintain the recently added feature? I just want the homescreen to maintain a dark feeling without anything eye-catching like that white box.

edit: I just realized there is a post for you MOD, but I hope you, or anyone else, can help me out here since I've already posted Smile

Thanks in advance!
Here's a modification done on Shade, so that the information (plot and cast) is correctly displayed when using Eden.

Mod's info : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466

We go from :

To :

The updated code is available here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466
Hello,
shade is truly a beautiful skin. Is it possible to evolve by adding elements such as playlists concerts, entertainment, ... to insert in the home menu (see image) with another icon.
I know that there is another way to show the playlists but this is not what I agree

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Masscrashy