Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to hide Song Pop-Up between songs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I often use my xbmc when I have guests over to play music in the background to set the mood. A small annoyance in those occasions is the song pop-up window that shows between songs and pulls all eyes to my TV-set for a couple of seconds.

Does anyone know how I can disable this pop-up when playing music? Huh
See advancedsettings.xml - you can set it the duration to 0 to stop it popping up.

The alternative is to keep it on all the time.
Cheers for your help jmarshall.
Hi again,

Prior to my post I ran throught the following link:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

But the only option I could think of there was <songinfoduration> but as it states: "The valid range is "1" to "Indefinite (0)", in seconds"

So the value "0" will just leave the pop-up on at all time. I've also tried setting the value to -1 and others, but no value will disable the song information pop-up.

Are you hinting at some other parameter in the Advancedsettings.xml that I'm not aware of, jmarshall?
Unless you're referring to a bug with our skin maybe where the song info doesn't hide. That will be fixed in 1.2.
Well, I don't see it as a bug since the Wiki of advancedsettings.xml clearly describes what the parameter I mentioned earlier does AND it does exactly that.

It just don't support hiding/disabling of the pop-up as I see it. That's what I'm asking here - if there is another way to disable the pop-up (like a setting somewhere)? Huh Either in Elipsis or in XBMC itself.
Remove the info from the skin altogether is an easy way to do it.
Hmm.. okay.. Anyone that knows what skin-file(s) I should remove?
Open.. Ellipsis/720p/MusicVisualisation.xml

Out comment line 16 to 118 <!-- ......-->

You can also make or request for a skin setting to toggle on/off musicinfo in visualisation. Wink
Thanks for the input Waffa. It worked as it should, but I see now that this method is a little to effective since it removes the pop-up from ever showing - even if you want to see what's playing. I've found that the best solution at the time is to set the timeout to a couple of seconds in Advancedsettings.xml. I'll look forward to the Ellipsis version 1.2 and test this then Smile
Yep very effective Smile

Skinsetting is the best way.
Open.. Ellipsis/720p/MusicVisualisation.xml

Change line 18
<visible>Player.ShowInfo</visible>
into:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo + !Skin.HasSetting(Hide_MusicInfo_Visualisation)</visible>

And open.....Ellipsis/720p/custom_SkinSetting.xml

Add this code under radiobutton 104. line 265
PHP Code:
            <control type="radiobutton" id="114">
                <
visible>ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus(30)</visible>
                <
label>Hide Music info in Visualisation</label>
                <
posx>0</posx>
                <
posy>0</posy>
                <
width>1064</width>
                <
height>46</height>
                <
textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
                <
radioposx>1033</radioposx>
                <
font>Default</font>
                <
texturefocus border="4,5,6,8">controls\button_f.png</texturefocus>
                <
texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
                <
textureradiofocus>controls\radiobutton_f.png</textureradiofocus>
                <
textureradionofocus>controls\radiobutton_nf.png</textureradionofocus>
                <
onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Hide_MusicInfo_Visualisation)</onclick>
                <
selected>Skin.HasSetting(Hide_MusicInfo_Visualisation)</selected>
                <
pulseonselect>false</pulseonselect>
            </
control

Now you can switch your info on/off in your general skinsettings.
I thought we could just toggle it with a key press between, always on, always off, and "pop-up".
That was my thought 2, but it pops up when new song begins.
I tried your alternative method, Waffa, but for the life of me, I couldn't see this new option in any of the skin settings menus. The name "Hide Music info in Visualisation" isn't showing anywhere. I did exactly as you noted. I even checked the xbmc.log to see if any warnings/errors was logged. But nothing.

Did you try this yourself?

In any case, don't use more of your time on this "problem". And thanks again for your effort Smile
Yep and setting should be in general under hide fanart.
Pages: 1 2