Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] South Park Studios Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Here is a south park studios add-on I made for those who want it. I know there are a few south park plug-ins around but I made this for myself because I wanted to be able to stream season 13 & 14 in 720p.

This uses RTMPE & swf verification so you make sure you have libRTMP support in your XBMC.

It can also choose a random episode for you like the website. It also includes episode plots and thumbnails.

The episodes are segmented on the commercial breaks. So each segment is a separate rtmp stream. Right now it just lists the segments which you can play. It automatically will choose the highest resolution and highest bit rate available. If anyone wants adjustable quality selection let me know and I will add it.

All the code to build the playlist of episode segments is there but i disabled it because of a bug in XBMC I have submitted a ticket for. It won't play the video part for any items after the first one. It plays out the episode completely but after the first rtmp item is played then no more video is decoded.
Update: playlists bug is fixed by svn version 32470. That was fast! playlist enabled version link below.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79148 get it from my repo

blah I should to sleep at night but it is the best free time I have. =P

Also if you are located outside the United States let me know if this is functional.
I am in the Netherlands and I can view the episodes. Thanks, been wating for something like this.
FYI Not working in Canada

It's not the addons fault... Comedy Central is not available to us. Instead we have comedynetwork.ca

Not sure if this is possible but maybe someone can add this as an option?

Thanks anyway! Big Grin
Full episode playlists now works in current svn. Updated link in first post.
Working on my windows box with just one minor inconvenience, when it switches streams I get a black screen with audio. I found that if I hit 'tab' once or twice it fixes it.

On Ubuntu, I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if the Ubuntu SVN PPA has the RTMPE support?
Redneck Wrote:Working on my windows box with just one minor inconvenience, when it switches streams I get a black screen with audio. I found that if I hit 'tab' once or twice it fixes it.

On Ubuntu, I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if the Ubuntu SVN PPA has the RTMPE support?
Please read the very first post. the whole thing!
BlueCop Wrote:Please read the very first post. the whole thing!

If you are refering to my windows problem, I'm using SVN:32477

I see that the Ubuntu SVN PPA is on SVN:32246 I'm still unclear about RTMPE stuff. I know there was a patch, but is it in the PPA? I've tried searching around but all of xbmc.org has been painfully slow for the past couple of daysHuh
From trac ticket on the problem linked to in the first thread.
Quote:elupus: it's fixed in svn, but i'd really like somebody to test combined music video/music playlists before backporting to dharma.
I assume you are using dharma branch build. I am using the SVN trunk

I can't explain libRTMP stuff because I don't know how it all works. If you want help with that you will need to consult someone else. there are instructions around the forums I believe.
bah.

I just spent 12 days downloading all 13 seasons Sad
twinflower Wrote:bah.

I just spent 12 days downloading all 13 seasons Sad

the upside is you don't have to wait for a steam, or buffering etc. you can pick what ever episode you want and watch it right then and there

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:the upside is you don't have to wait for a steam, or buffering etc. you can pick what ever episode you want and watch it right then and there
what connection are you on? all the videos instantly start for me. It doesn't take any longer to play a show from the server then it does from my video archive.
Some problems - the opening SP logo plays just fine, but when the stream switches, I have to press tab to see the video in Windows.

Also, buffering is an issue, it will get stuck on an endloop instead of correctly buffering, making the videos quite unwatchable if any buffering is needed.

Hopefully you can taylor this plugin for Dharma, thats what the majority of user are or will be using in the near future.
RandomXBMCUser: debug logs?

It has nothing to do with the plug-in. Nothing to 'taylor'. it is a bug in XBMC. I submitted it and it was fixed in the svn. I don't have control over when it is back ported to Dharma. I explained the problem fully in the first post. If you aren't using a version that has the playlist bug fixed then that isn't my problem because I have no control over the bug. It is not with in my realm of control.

I have added options for lower bitrate streams. that should solve any buffering issues you have due to a slow connection. I am working on a repo so it will be on that when it is complete.

if you want to streams season 13 or 14 in 720p them you need at least like 2.5mbps consistent downstream.

If anyone wants any assistance then you need to post debug logs because I am not experiencing any issues and can not duplicate your problems.
Im having the same issue with it playing the opening scene fine...then it switches to the 1st segment of the show....which for me is just a black screen with the audio playing...if i hit tab or something like that it usually tricks it into showing the video. ill post the debug log from when this happens.

This is dharmha r32648 running on arch linux.

Log was too long to post here so i put it on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/jEtncaqx

Im not really sure what to make from all that output but i think this script is a excelent addon and would love to see it refined a bit more Smile
yeah, unfortunately i get the same after updating to latest svn build on ubuntu.
the weirdest thing is that the video does show up. in the little album art frame..... (alaska revisited skin, other skins show nothing)

I believe the author of this plugin did file a xbmc bugreport about this, not sure if the underlying problem needs to be fixed before he can have another shot at getting this to work
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10