Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've got problems getting everything working, check out the troubleshooting page.
It's really annoying to get low ratings on iTunes because some users firewall blocked the event servers port...

=> XBMC v11.0 "Eden" full supported! <=
In fact, some features ONLY work with eden, like playlist reordering ore resume functionality.

Works great with XBMC v10 "Dharma"

Older versions of XBMC are NOT supported.

XBMC Commander features a nice and clean user interface that concentrates on your media and is really easy to navigate.

Features:
- Remote control XBMC using simple gestures
- Browse your movie / tv show / music database
- Start playback / enqueue any items on your XBMC machine
- Support for multiple XBMC installations
- Filter by Genre / recently added
- Support for tv show posters and banners
- Choose your favorite of multiple different layouts
- Playlist support
- File browser

Since v2.0 got released, i've switched from http api (since it will be deprecated soon) to the event server (faster) for remote control commands.
This requires "allow control by other systems" to be activated on XBMC in system->network.
If you are still having problems, check that Port 9777 (thats the event servers port; you can't change this one) isn't blocked by your firewall.
So, everyone with remote control problems, check these.

Now available in the iTunes Store!

...but the development is still going on... Wink

We all love Screenshots, so here we go:

Movie Library, with applied filter, with details opened (flip animation, buttons are play and enqueue)

Tv shows, seasons opened for "dexter" (animates), details for season (you guessed it... flip animates)

Music library at artist level, albums for one artist, backside of an album (click starts playback)

"Remote control", uses gestures on the first screen, additional controls on the second.
/* Placeholder */
very nice, any chance for beta testing :-) I have Ultimote, HD Remote and xbmc remote HD
I would be happy to try it and give feedback.
Running Dharma beta 1 with XBMC live
As soon as the app reaches beta status i'll gladly accept any testers Big Grin

But its a little early right now.

I cant even test the app on my own iPad since my developer enrollment with apple isn't approved yet. Confused
grywnn Wrote:As soon as the app reaches beta status i'll gladly accept any testers Big Grin

But its a little early right now.

I cant even test the app on my own iPad since my developer enrollment with apple isn't approved yet. Confused

No problem, looking forward to see some updates :-)
Ohh nice!

Looks very nice, and would love to swap the remotes I have for my iPad for this..

Some features that would be nice to see:

"Remote" function so you can control XBMC thru menus (some times you need to go in to settings, and getting up for the keyboard is too much work! Tongue)
Once playing, have some Video control functions (Pause, stop, skip etc)
Ability to filter by Watched (would make finding movies easier to find I haven't seen Tongue)
And ability to create a play lists maybe?

Also, I have a Jailbroken iPad so should be able to install the app without having to go via the Store (if you want some more testing) Ill of course buy the app once its done Smile
that looks awesome, can't wait!
This almost make me consider getting an iPad Wink
Please add me to list to beta test! I have Ipad ready to go!
Looks good!!
First of all: I'm happy to see thats there's obviously some interest in this project!

danceresort Wrote:Some features that would be nice to see:

"Remote" function so you can control XBMC thru menus (some times you need to go in to settings, and getting up for the keyboard is too much work!
Once playing, have some Video control functions (Pause, stop, skip etc)

I will definitely implement something like that.
Right now i've got some kind of split screen in mind, with the currently playing item and corresponding controls (play/stop etc) in the first part and generic XBMC controls (up, down, enter, back, menu, info etc) in the second part.
Sadly the new JSON API doesn't support all these things (yet), so i'm going for the good old HTTP API for now. Hope it won't be gone from the final Dharma release (although deprecated it's still available in the betas)

danceresort Wrote:Ability to filter by Watched (would make finding movies easier to find I haven't seen Tongue)

I intend to add a filter button to the navigation bar, allowing to change the sort order and filter by watched/unwatched. Just as you can do in XBMC.

danceresort Wrote:And ability to create a play lists maybe?

I've got some basic support on my mind: Enqueue tracks / albums from a popup menu. Maybe the ability to manipulate the playlist. Don't really know yet.

Status right now:
I've just finished support for rotation in movie & tvshow library.
Next on my todo list are: music library, filters, support for banners in tvshows (only posters right now), preferences page, remote control, performance issues (debugging iPad apps can be a real pain in the a**).
Still a long way to go Nerd

Gonna post a new video soon.
Will you have a search function too( over 1400 movies) and a update library ?
jeromem75 Wrote:Will you have a search function too( over 1400 movies) and a update library ?

Update library: For sure!
Search function: Good idea, i'll see what i can do.
Also Playlists for TV Shows too Smile

Maybe a nice feature as well for recently added, that way you can queue you 2-3 new shows and just watch back to back.. Im all abou the lazy! Big Grin
Another thought I had.. Wake on Lan would be epic for it too Smile