Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SABnzbd+ Install, Setup, and Configuration Guide for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my long time coming, (updated) Install, Setup, and Configuration guide for SABnzbd+ on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). This guide should also be easily adaptable for Ubuntu derived distributions (distros) like Linux Mint 9 (Isadora), and somewhat close for Debian and Debian based distros like Debian Squeeze, Sidux, and Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE).

This guide will be actively maintained and updated throughout the life of the Ubuntu 10.04 Long Term Support (Lucid Lynx) release (about two years). This is my supported and recommended operating system so I will not be doing specific guides for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), 11.04 (Natty Narwhal), or for any subsequent releases until Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (though this guide will likely be easily adaptable for the interim releases).

Since my last guide it's become a lot easier to get SABnzbd+ up and running on an Ubuntu based system. To reflect that I've expanded this guide to include installing a multi-threaded par2 file checker, added a supplemental software list, and I have worked to polish up the guide even further (like adding select screen shots!).

For those that are not familiar, SABnzbd+ which, I read as "SAB-newzbin" (though "SAB-nzb-daemon plus" is probably much closer to correct!), is an Usenet client. It is highly automated, robust, and once set up can run and run with minimal user intervention.

Like my last, this guide avoids the command line as much as possible and is written in casual English in an effort to be accessible by as many as possible. I do not think Ubuntu is a nerds only operating system, and I write guides that even novices should be able to understand (see my About page for more information).

So, without further ado, lets move on to the...

Tutorial

I've done an update for my SABnzbd+ guide to catch it up to SABnzbd+ 0.5.4 and Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS. I also did some minor additions and edits throughout.

Cheers,
daemox
Fantastic. Many thanks
Henkske Wrote:Fantastic. Many thanks

You're welcome!

And:

I've updated my Sick Beard guide for anyone that's interested. I've also updated the start/stop/update script since some apparent changes at github broke it. The guide has been updated for the latest master build of Sick Beard and the script has had all its annoyances nerfed.

Guide & Script: http://www.ainer.org/?p=747

Script: http://ainer.org/scripts/sickbeard.txt

Enjoy and take care,
daemox

(If you have questions leave a comment on my site. I only check in here every so often.)
glad you found XBMC.org Ainer. I used your guides to install and setup Sickbeard and Sabnzbd.

well done

-=Jason=-
Glad to hear Jason. Yeah, I've ghosted around here a bit but once I saw people posting about my guides I decided it might be a good place to register at.

Once Dharma is final I'll be writing up a guide for it too (sure it'll be less useful for people here, but people coming over from SABnzbd+ and Sick Beard might dig it).

I'm currently running Dharma myself and absolutely enjoying it.

Cheers,
daemox