Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR Addon integration code with TV Shows Library and the Video Database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how the content returned by the PVR Addon integrates with the XBMC Movie and TV Show Library? Sorry, haven't looked at the source in detail yet.

There are at least 4 categories of recorded content and I'm not sure of the appropriate way to present all of them to users:

1) Mainstream TV Series, e.g. recorded shows of something like Grey's Anatomy, House, Fringe, Big Bang Theory. Shows that eventually end up going round the globe.
2) Localised TV Series, e.g. Shortland Street. Local TV Series that will likely never have content added to thetvdb. Scrapers likely won't help here. All the known information would have been in the EPG, possibly with season and episode numbers.
3) Random One-Off TV shows that aren't really part of a series, e.g. Sports Event. Where do these belong in the interface?
4) Movies. The myth:// protocol already allows these to be scraped into the XBMC Movie database to get additional coverart etc.

Where in XBMC should a user go to find all these things?
dteirney Wrote:Does anyone know how the content returned by the PVR Addon integrates with the XBMC Movie and TV Show Library? Sorry, haven't looked at the source in detail yet.
As far a I know from checking the entire PVR patch (I've ported it into Dharma Wink), there is no link yet between recorded content from the PVR addons and the movie and TV Show library.

The only thing you can do right now (from the PVR addon, without modifying the XBMC internals) is creating subfolders under "Live TV", "Recordings" for the different categories of recorded content. So, no fanart, pictures, etc. only text: title and description.

margro