Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska Live TV discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have already searched this forum but can not find any information how to enable Live TV Support in Alaska (if it is possible at all). I'm using the latest pvr-testing, any advice how to get support for the live tv in this awesome skin?
Seeing as I don't have any PVR equipment it's unlikely.
Bad news...if I add pvr support to your skin, is it likely you will include it in your repository?
Probably not because I couldn't test it and/or maintain it.
Is there anything that could convince you to bring us pvr support? Maybe you need a DVB USB Stick?
send hitcher a tuner that may work haha
If this will help, I will do it (or better: send him the money he needs for buying a simple one).
@freigeist: so we are two.

Alaska -a very good skin - is only a half skin with the next version of xbmc if pvr support is not builded in...
Hitcher I will buy you a USB tuner or a PCI tuner.. let me know if you'd like...

Or I can get you a NewEgg giftcard so you can buy your own!

it's the least I can do for someone who's made my life a LOT easier! you have a lot of happpy people on this forum and we'd LOVE to see this feature (along with the "play random episode" feature .. *nudge nudge*) In all seriousness though let me know because I have some extra cash (having a good month) and would love to see alaska with some Live TV support!

Thanks a bunch.
^^what 420p said^^ i'd be happy to send you a couple of £ to put towards a tuner of some sort if you could include pvr support in your skin
Thanks for the offers guys. What would you recommend?
hitcher> i'm in portsmouth, not too far from you!
HDHomerun is a very popular tuner, especially since it is network based you can use it on any PC on your network... ideal candidate for XBMC.
Yeah, but for HDHomerun to work with TVHeadend you need to compile a kernel driver and an userspace app.
Not that that's that much of a problem (3 "thats"? Really?), but I guess users new to linux should include that in their consideration...
Pages: 1 2 3 4