Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thanks for xTV skins! What's the latest XBMC supported?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm a new convert to both Mac and XBMC, trying to find out what the latest XBMC version is that's supported by any of these xTV skins. I've tried Confluence, Alaska, and the rest, and xTV is the only one that doesn't blind me with distracting pics, type choices, animations, and unhelpful icons.

Unfortunately, I also really want a version of XBMC that has 1) the Addons handling for Plugins (instead of having to use the SVN tool) and 2) the "unified" Video tab on Home (instead of TV and Movies), and I see that the latest Dharma version isn't (fully) supported by the xTV skins. I especially want to have the working Youtube plugin that I'm able to use with the latest release.

Any versions of xTV or something similar (minimal, type-driven) that works with the Dharma versions that have the Addons / Video tabs and working Youtube?

thank you all for your work!
superd00d Wrote:Hi, I'm a new convert to both Mac and XBMC, trying to find out what the latest XBMC version is that's supported by any of these xTV skins. I've tried Confluence, Alaska, and the rest, and xTV is the only one that doesn't blind me with distracting pics, type choices, animations, and unhelpful icons.
superd00d,

to the best of my knowledge Dharma beta 4 should work with xTV SAF v0.96, but at the moment I'm still using beta 2 (Windows XP)as my development platform

Quote:Unfortunately, I also really want a version of XBMC that has 1) the Addons handling for Plugins (instead of having to use the SVN tool)
Not entirely sure what you are saying there, but the aim of v1.0 is to make its way into the main skin addon repo, so this and following versions will be downloadable from the addons menu.

Quote:and 2) the "unified" Video tab on Home (instead of TV and Movies), and I see that the latest Dharma version isn't (fully) supported by the xTV skins.I especially want to have the working Youtube plugin that I'm able to use with the latest release.
As I said above v0.96 does work with Dharma, just missing a few features from older versions. Good news is most of those features should reappear in v1.0 . I have already got theme downloading and Youtube covered, now I'm just working thru my list of stuff that I think really needs to be in the v1.0 release. As to the unified tab for Movies and TV, I don't think this is particularly Spouse friendly, so at this stage I don't think I will be doing this. That said, I have in the past not liked a particular idea that someone came up with, but they managed to talk me around to the idea. Give it your best shot.

Quote:Any versions of xTV or something similar (minimal, type-driven) that works with the Dharma versions that have the Addons / Video tabs and working Youtube?

thank you all for your work!
If you are not afraid of playing on the bleeding edge and playing with a SVN, the very latest xTV SAF is now available. Where? If you can't figure out where it is, you are probably not the person to be running it. Also a warning, I have been ill for a bit, so things have not progressed as far as I would have liked. I DO NOT have time to provide support for the SVN version of the skin. By all means have a play, just don't expect much in the way of support.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
Thanks for the hint; I'll prolly leave alone. Hope you're feeling better too!

On Videos vs. TV/Movies/Youtube, you probably have a stronger case than me for the widest case of users. I figure it's really just about your collection and how your spouse/kids think about it all.

Just to clarify, right now the v.96 Youtube tab on the SAF home page is unresponsive with my install of Dharma beta 4 (although the new Youtube plugin does work, when I get to it from Movies or TV). Will the homepage Youtube tab be one of the fixes that roll out in v1.0, or should it already work, and I've just mis-configured something?

A question for anyone in general (may not even be skin related):
Once I've stopped a video, I get a thumbnail in the bottom left of that video's cover as well as a paused timeline that appears everwhere thereafter. Is there an option to make this go away? I'm not sure where to find the control.

thanks again!
superd00d Wrote:Thanks for the hint; I'll prolly leave alone. Hope you're feeling better too!

On Videos vs. TV/Movies/Youtube, you probably have a stronger case than me for the widest case of users. I figure it's really just about your collection and how your spouse/kids think about it all.

superd00d, still thinking about the whole movies/TV/videos tab situation. I'm kind of hoping that Santa will bring me a TV card so that I can support the PVR side of XBMC. If this happens I will need to rename some things anyway. At any rate not going to happen for v1.0
Quote:
Just to clarify, right now the v.96 Youtube tab on the SAF home page is unresponsive with my install of Dharma beta 4 (although the new Youtube plugin does work, when I get to it from Movies or TV). Will the homepage Youtube tab be one of the fixes that roll out in v1.0, or should it already work, and I've just mis-configured something?
No youtube script that was include in earlier versions is now broken (has been for a while I guess). In the new version I have included a setting to let the user specify which script to use for YouTube tab(there are a couple of different ones available).

Quote:A question for anyone in general (may not even be skin related):
Once I've stopped a video, I get a thumbnail in the bottom left of that video's cover as well as a paused timeline that appears everwhere thereafter. Is there an option to make this go away? I'm not sure where to find the control.

thanks again!
No that sounds like you might have overwritten the old version of the skin with the latest release (v0.96) and have parts of one skin and parts of the other. That said, the icon and paused timeline should be showing when you are in full screen video mode and you pause the video (or if you bring up the OSD ). I have fixed a couple of small issues with this for v1.0 but what you seem to be describing does not match any of the bug fixes. Maybe if you post a screengrab of the problem I can check to make sure there is nothing remaining to be fixed.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)