Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Greek Language Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning to everybody from sunny today Greece.
Exploring the various SKINS-Appearances of the ΧΒΜC i locked this skin for the last 15 days.
But does not support the Greek Language. In the root XBMC\Language there is the string.xml but exploring the other languages i saw that the langinfo.xml for my language is missing.
Can anybody and especially MCBORZU add this necessary .xml ?

Tks for your attention and your support............
u can translate it ur self, if the font used support greek characters.
zwat Wrote:u can translate it ur self, if the font used support greek characters.
Good evening and tks for your reply.
You mean APPEARANCE\SKINS\FONTS\DEFAULTS ?
If Yes then i can not change it even the default button is highlighted.
What do you mean ( translate it ) ? To open the langinfo.xml to translate it?
If yes then it doesnot allow to wtite any....
XBMC\addons\skin.night\language\English\strings.xml
copy that and rename folder to Greek and translate the english to greek. then select greek as region or something in skin settings
zwat Wrote:XBMC\addons\skin.night\language\English\strings.xml
copy that and rename folder to Greek and translate the english to greek. then select greek as region or something in skin settings
Thanks a lot i will try

Edit
Sorry but in strings.xml the keyboard is not active so it does not allow me to write any. Just for your information. In the Skin-Confluene the Greek Language support is active. If i copy-paste the greek language string.xml from Confluene to night/skin you think that i will see results ?
well, think the first part is the same, but then u have some parts that are night only. it should say in night english file what u can copy from confluence. if u can't edit the xml file u probably have vista\win7 and uca or something. try rightclick and do run as administrator.
zwat Wrote:well, think the first part is the same, but then u have some parts that are night only. it should say in night english file what u can copy from confluence. if u can't edit the xml file u probably have vista\win7 and uca or something. try rightclick and do run as administrator.
Yes i am using WIN7. I will try with right click and i will let you know.......

Edit :
Yes with right click it works but the problem is that i do not know perfectly all the English Terminology to translate the words into Greek.Then i tried to copy/paste the string.xml from Confluence to Night.skin but again i did not see any difference when i change language and certainly it does not give me the option to change the deaufolts. I think is easier to the moderator to make this copy/paste.

One last question. I have created few folders in my hard disk and i named them i.e DRAMA-HISTORY-WAR e.t.c so i created my own Genres when i am exploring my movies.I have also add a folder.jpg in each folder so they appear with photo on them.But when i want to change the .jpg it does not show the new one but still remains the old one. What i am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your attention and your advises...............
i think it would be harder for mcborzu to learn greek just for translating the skin Big Grin

if u mean that u f.example changed the folder.jpg on drama-history-war folder and it ain't showing the new image, u can try to delete textures.db file in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database\
zwat Wrote:i think it would be harder for mcborzu to learn greek just for translating the skin Big Grin

if u mean that u f.example changed the folder.jpg on drama-history-war folder and it ain't showing the new image, u can try to delete textures.db file in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database\
Hi again. I did not say that mcborzu has to translate the languages, i mean than it is easier for him because he is the Skinner to find the perfect solution to copy/paste the Greek Language ( string.xml ) from Confluence into Night/Skin.

The other one you suggest me ( c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database\ ) sorry but i am not expert for such things.I do not know where i can find this path..........
in control panel and folder properties turn on show hidden files and uncheck hide known extensions
zwat Wrote:in control panel and folder properties turn on show hidden files and uncheck hide known extensions
Good morning
I followed your instructions but nothing happened.
It looks very strange if somobody changes the folder.jpg but the new one never appears...tks for your help..............
did u find the textures.db file?
zwat Wrote:did u find the textures.db file?
Good morning.
I followed exactly your instructions i checked ( Appearance of hidden files,folders,units ) i unchecked ( Non appearance hidden files folders and units ) but nowhere writes any for texture.db files.
You must know i do not know so many things as you.
should be there. it's the default location. you have english or greek win7?
zwat Wrote:should be there. it's the default location. you have english or greek win7?
I prefer the English version of WIN7 but unfortunately i have the Greek one. but nowhere writes any for textures.
I have posted in the ( Transation Threads ) a question to Mcborzu if he can do it just to copy/paste the string.xml from Confluence.
You think that my thought is wrong ?
Can you have a contact with him to discuss this issue? Because a lot of Greeks are waiting for this solution............
Pages: 1 2