Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amateur's :-) question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible to define scroll speed between labels or buttons (so one can slow a bit what happens when you for example hold down on a list of movies)? If so, can you do it skin wise?

What is the default label to label scroll speed?

Thanks.
Found it - scrolltime.

Question remaining is - can you define it globally, for a whole skin?
yup, in defaults.xml
pecinko Wrote:Is it possible to define scroll speed between labels or buttons (so one can slow a bit what happens when you for example hold down on a list of movies)? If so, can you do it skin wise?

Well, it seams scrolltime is affecting container scroll speed (when scrolling long list) not label to label scroll speed...?
scrollspeed should work for labels as well:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Label_Control
ronie Wrote:yup, in defaults.xml

Through default label attribute, I suppose?
just have a look at the defaults.xml file in Confluence ;-)
ronie Wrote:just have a look at the defaults.xml file in Confluence ;-)

Ronie thanks for your patience, but I am not able to find anything regarding scroll speed control in Confluence's defaults.xml

Section on wiki explaining label attributes mentions scroll and scrolltime but both seams to be about label text scrolling and I'm trying to control speed of label to label (in a list) scrolling.
pecinko Wrote:Ronie thanks for your patience, but I am not able to find anything regarding scroll speed control in Confluence's defaults.xml

Section on wiki explaining label attributes mentions scroll and scrolltime but both seams to be about label text scrolling and I'm trying to control speed of label to label (in a list) scrolling.
sorry, misunderstood what you were looking for.

scrolling in containers:
<scrolltime>

no clue if you can set container attributes globally in defaults.xml,
so just give it a try and see if it works or not.
ronie Wrote:scrolling in containers:
<scrolltime>

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but <scrolltime> seams to have inconsistent behavior. It seams to has no effect on label to label scroll speed, but rather affect container scroll speed.

I.E.: When you're on the end of a list container it slows container scroll to a new list item or to the beginning of list. However, between the labels that are currently visible on screen - XBMC scrolls very fast.

Furthermore label 2 label speed tends to increase when holding UP or DOWN for a few seconds.

I'm not able to record video but it can be easily seen when you force, say <scrolltime>1000</scrolltime> on a longer list of labels.
pecinko Wrote:I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but <scrolltime> seams to have inconsistent behavior. It seams to has no effect on label to label scroll speed, but rather affect container scroll speed.

i'm sure it's supposed to behave like that.
scrolltime only has effect when the list itself has to scroll.

what you're after can be done by adding a slide animation to the focused list item image control:
Code:
<focusedlayout width="500" height="50">
    <control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>500</width>
        <height>50</height>
        <texture>list-focus.png</texture>
[b]        <animation effect="slide" start="0,-50" end="0,0" time="300" reversible="false" condition="Container.OnNext">focus</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,50" end="0,0" time="300" reversible="false" condition="Container.OnPrevious">focus</animation>[/b]
    </control>
    <control type="label">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>500</width>
        <height>50</height>
        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    </control>
</focusedlayout>

pecinko Wrote:Furthermore label 2 label speed tends to increase when holding UP or DOWN for a few seconds.

that's a feature. you don't want the list to scroll instantly like a madmen as soon as you press 'down', so there's a little delay.
ronie Wrote:that's a feature. you don't want the list to scroll instantly like a madmen as soon as you press 'down', so there's a little delay.

Thanks Ronie, will try that. You've been helpful as always.
Uff.. Skin gurus, how can I make this slide effect work in SettingsCategory.xml? Eek
I'm using label to display filename (library mode) but I would like to show it without extension. As filename and extension can both vary, I gave up on string compare.

What am I missing? How could it be done?
ListItem.Title
Pages: 1 2 3