Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "Operation not permitted" on SMB share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated my airport extreme to the latest firmware and cant seem to access the share anymore. I get an operation not permitted.

I was running Darmah RC2 but then re-formatted the apple tv from scratch and put on the 10.0 release and am still getting the same problem. xbmc.log is below if anyone can see anything with it, that would be awesome!

http://pastebin.com/Ng0veCX3
Happened to me last night as well. I downgraded to 7.3.2. Worked great after that. Go figure.
Really? Nice, I will give this a try and see if it works for me too. Thanks!
I had the same issue after updating the AE firmware. rather than downgrade the firmware, I simply added the shared drive using "add network location". This is the IP address of the AE and then enter the name of the shared folder, username and password. hope this helps others.
I didn't try by ip address and I have mine setup so that guests have read access so I didn't try a password. I did however downgrade the firmware and that resolved it for me. Thanks for the suggestions though!