Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help, how do I organize multi-part speciality videos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried searching for an answer did not quite find what I wanted. I am looking for a way to organize some multi-part specialty DVD's. These items usually have more than one topic/part that can be separated like a tv show, but they are not.

My main example is fitness DVD's where multiple workouts are on the same disc. You might have a beginner, advanced, minimal workout, instructional. Think Tae Bo, Yoga or martial arts instruction. It is these DVD's that you don't want to index, but would rather break them into separate parts, but not show them as separate movies.

Can anyone suggest the best way to organize these? Something the way TV shows are done, under movies, would be ideal.
Still need to figure out a solution. I just came across another case where this would be handy. Old movie Serials, the kind that came in 12 or 15 parts. Technically its not one movie, but parts of a whole movie.

For example, the Superman serial: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044091/

If any of the scrapers cannot find your specialty DVD's, you may have to join TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/) and create the episodes manually. This would include some contribution on your part to ensure that the information on your DVD set is accurately captured at TVDB. You may also want to go the extra mile and put in DVD covers and maybe some fan art. Once it has been validated your scraper will pick it up. The best part, however, is that you would have contributed to hobby for others to use in the future.
BamBam1963 Wrote:If any of the scrapers cannot find your specialty DVD's, you may have to join TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/) and create the episodes manually. This would include some contribution on your part to ensure that the information on your DVD set is accurately captured at TVDB. You may also want to go the extra mile and put in DVD covers and maybe some fan art. Once it has been validated your scraper will pick it up. The best part, however, is that you would have contributed to hobby for others to use in the future.

Thanks, but does TVDB want data for speciality DVD's that were not broadcast on TV? There are thousands of small run DVD's dealing with everything from Yoga, to model trains, to ..... :confused2:
Have you tried using movies sets? That may accomplish what you are looking for.
You could create your own .nfo files for each episode/chapter for XBMC to pick up?
Ranger Rob Wrote:Have you tried using movies sets? That may accomplish what you are looking for.

I think that might help my solution. I just need to figure them out a bit more.
Soul Wrote:You could create your own .nfo files for each episode/chapter for XBMC to pick up?

I am pretty sure I am going to have to, for those files that don't fall into the category of Movie or TV. Is there any simple xml/nfo editor for these files? I am thinking I might have to make one myself.
Hackenbush Wrote:Thanks, but does TVDB want data for speciality DVD's that were not broadcast on TV? There are thousands of small run DVD's dealing with everything from Yoga, to model trains, to ..... :confused2:

My Insanity workout DVDs are on The TV DB. Works great, "Season 1" is all of the workouts. So I don't think they're opposed to it.