Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and PowerDVD as external Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone in here is using PowerDVD as external Player for Bluray Playback?

My Problem is, if i use the reg file (or any reg file) to use the MCE Remote with XBMC, PowerDVD control via Remote Control is unpossible. All keys on the Remote are not functioning under PowerDVD then. If i reset to the default MCE Settings everything is fine with PowerDVD and/or Windows Media Center Disc Playback control via the remote, but then XBMC is not having all funtionality.

If i understand this right, using keyboard.xml from XBMC, it should be possible to use the standard MCE registry settings and map the keys via the keyboard.xml ?!

Anyone could help me with this? There must be more people using PowerDVD as external Player and using a Remote Control. Using Mouse and/or keyboard is not women or child compatible.
Is there an alternative to external players, playing blu ray discs ?
Please tell us what XBMC version are using, what remote you have and the current setup you have for your remote?

I think I can create specific setup for you to suit your needs! but what I need from you is to make sure you make your remote work with Powerdvd like you want and the next step is to focus on getting XBMC to work without changing any Registry settings.

Cheers,
EG.
Ok no problem. I'm using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma), the final version which was released on xbmc.org. I'm running this stuff on an ASRock ION 330 HT-BD, so i got the ASRock remote which was coming with this Hardware, as far as i can see it's a MCE compatible Remote. At the moment i'm using your latest .reg File and keyboard.xml from your thread.

If using PowerDVD with the default Microsoft Setup for the remote control, everything on the remote behaves like the original Media Center buttons. So skip chapter, fast forward, Disc Menu and so on. At least fast backward, forward, play, pause, disc menu, volume should work with PowerDVD afterwards.
neutron666 Wrote:Ok no problem. I'm using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma), the final version which was released on xbmc.org. I'm running this stuff on an ASRock ION 330 HT-BD, so i got the ASRock remote which was coming with this Hardware, as far as i can see it's a MCE compatible Remote. At the moment i'm using your latest .reg File and keyboard.xml from your thread.

If using PowerDVD with the default Microsoft Setup for the remote control, everything on the remote behaves like the original Media Center buttons. So skip chapter, fast forward, Disc Menu and so on. At least fast backward, forward, play, pause, disc menu, volume should work with PowerDVD afterwards.

Ok this is a good remote and can be configured like you want. What I think you should do is just restore to the original MCE settings and make sure the remote works with PowerDVD First. I am not sure if you can make PowerDVD configure your remote but at least try to make it do the basic things you want.

Then list all the buttons that work with PowerDVD here and from there we can concentrate on making them work better in XBMC if possible without modifying the registry any further.

Cheers,
EG.
Already did that. PowerDVD uses the remote like the original windows media center, also there's a plugin for windows media center, so the buttons do pretty everything they are meant to do.

I'm not sure what you mean with "list the buttons", do you mean just writing down the button or read it out with some kind of app?! When it comes down to a simple list, as i said, every button works exactly as displayed on the button of the remote. Skip Chapters, fast forward, backward, disc menu and so on.
neutron666 Wrote:Already did that. PowerDVD uses the remote like the original windows media center, also there's a plugin for windows media center, so the buttons do pretty everything they are meant to do.

I'm not sure what you mean with "list the buttons", do you mean just writing down the button or read it out with some kind of app?! When it comes down to a simple list, as i said, every button works exactly as displayed on the button of the remote. Skip Chapters, fast forward, backward, disc menu and so on.

Ok thats great then :-)

All I want you to do now is test the remote with XBMC again, sorry if you've done it already. Test the ones for basic functionality {Pause, Play, Stop, Skip back, Skip FWD, FWD, FWD, Back, i/info/more, navigation buttons, Volume up/down, Channel up/down, ok, enter} etc..

Any of the above buttons that does not send an action to XBMC I want you to use showkey.exe and list all the data the button sends, you can forget about the "mod" part.

cheers,
EG.
I tried my best:

Code:
<volume_up>Notification(Key, volume_up, 3)</volume_up>    AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 10: Raise the Volume
<volume_down>Notification(Key, volume_down, 3)</volume_down> AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 9: Lower the Volume
<volume_mute>Notification(Key, volume_mute, 3)</volume_mute> AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 8: Mute the Volume
<No KEY ?>                        AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 51: Increment the channel value
<No Key ?>                        AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 52: Decrement the channel value
<key id="61606">Notification(Key, key id="61606", 3)</key> AppCmd WM_APPCOMMAND 1: Navigate Backward

As it seems i can't get the Keys displayed in ShowKey.exe which are the top 4 of the AsRock Remote and also the 4 buttons down on the AsRock Remote.
Also the Info (i) Button is not showing there and has no function with original MCE Settings. The green Windows Button is not showing either and should start XBMC ofcourse Smile

4 Top Buttons (all are starting Windows Media Center first) are:

Show Recordings, External Plugins (?), Live TV, Disc Menu (DVD/Bluray)

4 Down Buttons (all are starting Windows Media Center first) are:

Radio, Music, Pictures, Video

There is no button which opens a context menu in XBMC. So the Info (i) button should be working as Info and one of the 4 top buttons of the AsRock
Remote should work as the context menu button. Maybe we can get 3 of the 4 down buttons to work as video, pictures, music.

The green Windows Button should start xbmc.
@EliteGamer360: the default config for the MS remote will mostly work in XBMC. I'd start with the default config and then change mappings only for buttons that don't work. That should produce a mapping that (mostly) works in XBMC, PowerDVD and even Windows Media Center.

JR
JR, yes I know :-) I just did not have free time to do it lol. I was able to prepare a script that would take care of the volume buttons only last night :-O

Hopefully I'll do it tonight if not tomorrow night :-) too much real life work :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Take your time Smile I'm not dying because i can't control everything with the remote. But i guess if we get this right, you can pin this to your other thread as i'm sure a lot of people would like to use it that way. Thanks for helping, anyway Smile
Not really interested in pinning this into my thread because it will give me more problems than I can handel and requests that I might not be able to fulfil due to limited time I already use to maintain my site and thread. Rolleyes

Anyways, finally I had some time to do it :-)

Things you need to do

A- Apply this Registry config Muti.app.Config.v0.1.reg then Restart.

B- I let the Volume and Mute buttons Send WM_APPCOMMANDS so that you can control the windows volume settings in any other app. To be able to control Volume and mute in XBMC then you will need to
1-install Autohotkey tiny programming based app Zero configuration required.
2- Use this script that I wrote for autohotkey Blind_V_M_B-Script.ahk. Save it in your Windows All users Startup Folder. Double click to activate "one time process"

C- You can use my latest Keyboard.xml for full remote functionality, download from my site.

D- Green start button, use one of the scripts I have on site, choose the right one for your operating system.

Thats it now you can use MCE, PowerDVD or XBMC. XBMC functionality is not affected at all.

check my registry config file above, you can change any button you want except the ones thats marked as "SENDS IR SIGNAL", see my remapping page for remapping options/tutorial. Wink

Happy New Year,
EG.
Well, ok. But i guess more people would like to use this setup, it should be archived somehwere. One thing, something must be wrong with your .reg file, since it didn't apply. I used your 1.24 Reg File and replaced all the "SEND IR SIGNAL" rows in this file with the ones from the new file from this thread and everything is working as expected now. If anyone want's the reg file, i can upload it somewhere. The only 2 buttons that don't work in windows media center/powerdvd are "i" (Info) and Disc Menu, but that's ok. Thank you very much.
neutron666 Wrote:....
One thing, something must be wrong with your .reg file, since it didn't apply. I used your 1.24 Reg File and replaced all the "SEND IR SIGNAL" rows in this file with the ones from the new file from this thread and everything is working as expected now.
The only 2 buttons that don't work in windows media center/powerdvd are "i" (Info) and Disc Menu, but that's ok....

This is not possible and does not make sense because my Config.v1.24 is identical to Muti.app.Config.v0.1 so if you take out all the "IR Signals" and put them back in Config.v1.24 the result will be Muti.app.Config.v0.1.reg!!!! I tested the setup on two computers before posting them.

and regarding the 2 buttons that didn't work in MCE and PowerDVD there is no workaround for them because they do not send WM_APPCOMMAND /s when set with the default MCE settings and I rather have them work in XBMC instead of any other app.

I'm glad that everything is working for you now. Wink

Cheers,
EG.
neutron666 Wrote:Well, ok. But i guess more people would like to use this setup, it should be archived somehwere. One thing, something must be wrong with your .reg file, since it didn't apply. I used your 1.24 Reg File and replaced all the "SEND IR SIGNAL" rows in this file with the ones from the new file from this thread and everything is working as expected now. If anyone want's the reg file, i can upload it somewhere. The only 2 buttons that don't work in windows media center/powerdvd are "i" (Info) and Disc Menu, but that's ok. Thank you very much.

I am having the same problem. The reg file does not seem to apply. Although Windows (7) excepts the file nothing gets added to the registry. Strange...

Any idea how to solve this?
thx
Phyrros
Pages: 1 2 3 4