Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BluRay cases for movie collections?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have the Back of the Future trilogy, the Alien quadrilogy, the Star Wars movies, the Star Trek movies, etc. set up as movie sets.

Now, although all the files above are HD, Transparency shows the movie set with the DVD case, whereas once I "enter" into the set the single movies are correctly shown with the BluRay case.

Is it possible to make things right?
I think it's due to the way XBMC handles sets. I agree though that I would love to have them appear as BR cases as well.
correct, the skin can't determine if your set contains dvd rips or blu-ray rips.
even if it did, which case should be shown when it's a mixed dvd/blu-ray collection.
Well, could you at least tell me which file to modify to get it to always show BD cases for movie sets? I don't have movie sets in DVD, only BD.

I accept that you prefer to keep DVD as default, but I am willing to modify stuff to get the result I'd prefer.

By the way, thank you for this incredible skin. It's still my preferred one, by a long stretch! Big Grin
i wouldn't know as i haven't looked into it myself.

i suppose you could add a visible condition based on ListItem.IsFolder
to all the cases.

ListItem.IsFolder will be true for movie sets and false for movie files.

most of the View-*.xml will have to be modified, as i use the dvd/bluray cases in almost every view.
ronie Wrote:which case should be shown when it's a mixed dvd/blu-ray collection.

HD-DVD case

Big Grin
humferier Wrote:HD-DVD case

Big Grin

Rofl
Talking from the point of view of a non skinner you can just add another entry for the "case-bluray.png" and add the visibility from the "movieset.png" that will give you bluray on all sets your just basically hiding the dvd behind the bluray

Only way I found to get bluray and dvd correct for set content is to do the above and use the bluray set name with "ListItem.Label"

So for me in fanart view for Avatar and Transformers I would use

Code:
            </control>
                <control type="image">
                <posx>18</posx>
                <posy>368</posy>
                <width>234</width>
                <height>360</height>
                <texture>case-bluray.png</texture>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,-40" time="0" condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable_Movies_Media_Flags)">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>stringcompare(ListItem.Label,Avatar) | stringcompare(ListItem.Label,Transformers) + ListItem.IsFolder + !Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + !Window.IsVisible(VideoPlaylist)</visible>
            </control>

Obviously this is a user mod nothing a skinner can do
Wow... I hoped it was an easier modification Sad

Isn't there a single line somewhere that tells the skin which file to use for movie sets?
As ronie said put ListItem.IsFolder on the bluray case
ronie Wrote:i wouldn't know as i haven't looked into it myself.

i suppose you could add a visible condition based on ListItem.IsFolder
to all the cases.

ListItem.IsFolder will be true for movie sets and false for movie files.

most of the View-*.xml will have to be modified, as i use the dvd/bluray cases in almost every view.
As I've been using only the fanart view, this could be quick for me. But opening the relevant file (View-fanart.xml, right?) I see:

Code:
<control type="image">
                <posx>164</posx>
                <posy>648</posy>
                <width>75</width>
                <height>61</height>
                <texture>movieset.png</texture>
                <animation effect="fade" start="70" end="100" time="1000" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + ListItem.IsFolder + !Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + !Window.IsVisible(VideoPlaylist)</visible>
            </control>

Which seems to suggest that there is in fact a dedicate picture for the moviesets, which in this case is identical to the DVD one, plus the multidiscs in front.

Unless... no, looking at width and height this is just the multidiscs picture that gets printed on top of the regular case... I'll play with some editing... keeping a backup. We'll see what I can manage.
That's the movie set icon its just defaulting to the dvd case above that your see the code for the case-bluray.png put the ListItem.IsFolder in its visibility condition

Code:
| ListItem.IsFolder
Sorry but I'm to stupid for this apperantly.
For my Item view can somebody explain me line by line what to do for this problem? I dont know where to put the ListItem.IsFolder?
And how to remove DVD disc icon from the left side?
I'm very very thankfull and sory for maybe bad english
since the skin can't detect if your movieset contains dvd's or blurays
i'll see if i can add a more generic case & disc for moviesets instead.
Woohoooo!!! Tnx!
Take in mind and the DVD icon on the left side of Item View Wink
Pages: 1 2 3