Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] CouchPotato / SickBeard full control script from within XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Forgive me if this has been addressed but I haven't found any info on this from searching the forum.

Is there any addon made to control either Couchpotato or Sickbeard within XBMC like there is with other popular programs (uTorrent, Sabnzbd, etc.)?
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not currently possible (well, not with any great ease) because neither of them have an API. That is, a lot of the stuff that controls them is done internally, and to replicate the user's actions you would have to scrape the pages they produce, which is really more trouble than it's worth.

So, whilst it is possible, it's unlikely someone would go to the effort.
To be blunt, yes you can launch a browser from within XBMC. Unless/until there is an API or direct plugin from those tools you are SOL I believe.
I notice that Plex (version 9 which I refuse to update to) seems to have plugins up and running. Wonder how they did it?

Sickbeard
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi..._sickbeard

Couchpotato
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ouchpotato
Quote:Wonder how they did it?

The source code seem to be available and python.
This would be priceless! For my [sickbeard] needs the plugin wouldn't have to be fully featured, just some basics like; search for aired episodes, manual post-processing, view of upcoming episodes and history.
Well, I don't use sickbeard so I am not suiteable to look into it. I use linux and torrents so I gather it is not the thing for me? I am looking for automation though..
vikjon0 Wrote:Well, I don't use sickbeard so I am not suiteable to look into it. I use linux and torrents so I gather it is not the thing for me? I am looking for automation though..

On the contrary. Since both applications are written in python, they are truly multi-platform. Just install python for your distribution of linux and off you go.

CP and SB support torrents not as well as usenet, but give it a try, I doubt you'll be sorry.
OK, think the problem was that they only have windows binaries and that normally is warning signal. I guess a closer look will show that no binaries needed for linux.

Thank you for pointing this out. Anyway, I hope someone else will take a look on the plugin before I get to it...I have a few other projects in the pipe.
these would be the 2 single greatest addons ever.
vinistois Wrote:these would be the 2 single greatest addons ever.

I'm surprised this is (to my knowledge) the first time it's been brought up! Shocked

Now if only someone much smarter than me would look into it! Wink
Hey, I work on CP.
Unfortunately, I don't have any time to spend on such an addon at the moment. But if somebody is willing to pick this up, I'm often available for support or advice in the #couchpotato channel on irc.freenode.org

I'd love to see this implemented Smile
Indeed a great idea, but there is a 'work around' at the moment using the browser from within XBMC.

I use MediaFrontPage from Nick8888 and am able to administer everything from the one PC using XBMCLive. Smile
Someone smarter than me needs to make these! hint hint. Smile

I wouldn't want to use it the way DejaVu77 mentioned. Not a great "10 foot" experience.
Would love to see this.
Pages: 1 2 3