Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'In Progress' or 'Last Played' section on Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to create a little section of 5 or so links on Home of Movie/Episodes that are "in progress" but not finished. Actually last 5 played, finished or not, would be good also...Is it possible?

A playlist would work but I'd think having a list of Movie/Episodes titles would be more convenient, thx...
mcborzu Wrote:I want to create a little section of 5 or so links on Home of Movie/Episodes that are "in progress" but not finished. Actually last 5 played, finished or not, would be good also...Is it possible?

A playlist would work but I'd think having a list of Movie/Episodes titles would be more convenient, thx...

By "In progress" you mean an episode that has started playing but not finished?

Recently watched can be accomplished by some python scripting, much like RecentlyAdded.

I know its been said its in the works, but it would be AMAZINGLY useful to be able to access these things via smart playlists on home rather than scripting... just my .02
And it is possible to make random shows to first unplayed item of a random show? On movies, the random order (unless you are watching a collection) isn't important, but on a TV Show, order is really important.
doable in python for last watched.
i don't understand what you means by "in progress"
mcborzu Wrote:I want to create a little section of 5 or so links on Home of Movie/Episodes that are "in progress" but not finished. Actually last 5 played, finished or not, would be good also...Is it possible?

I've been asking for this function in XBMC for years. I have a smartplaylist setup to try and emulate such a function, but it doesn't work very well. Any movie/TV that has a segment unplayed shows up in the results. You can try and shorten this by using the advanced "ignoreatstart" setting, but if you don't let the video play out completely at the end (like NOT watching all the credits, you always have a small part that is unplayed. It would be nice to have a "ignoreatend" advanced setting to ovecome this.

I also haven't had a lot of success with mixing smartplaylists to get to a working solution (I asked a long time ago about a field in the db that could be created to make this a working possibility, but so far nada).

One thing I'd like to see to help with this is the ability to reset the "stop-point" field in the db to zero from the gui. This would help when you are cycling through movies/episodes, but don't want them to be included in the "In Progress" results.

This is one of my biggest issues with xbmc - the inability to quickly return to something you have been watching from a cold boot - something my Sky box has had for more than 6 years (just press the play button in any screen and you'll be taken to a screen that asks where you want to continue from with the last thing you were watching. Another press and your watching it).

PS - I don't want this to sound too critical of xbmc - which is a fantastic piece of software.

EDIT: If you get this sussed using a smartplaylist, can't you post it here?
ppic Wrote:doable in python for last watched.
i don't understand what you means by "in progress"

"In progress" - I mean a video that has started playing but not finished
Okay...I'm going to have to take some of my post back. This got me working on a solution again and I think I have it working (at least for the short time I've been playing with it)

I created a new SPL for each category (Movies AND TVShows). I added two rules to each.

Movies...Rules

1 - "Last Played" AND "In The Last" "7 Days"
2 - "In Progress" AND "True"

Then

Limit = 10 (manually edit the PL to 5)
Order By "Last Played" AND Descending

Set the view that gives the best results Sort Order = PL).

TVShows is the same, but the first field is "Episodes"

I'll have to test this over time to see if there are any issues.
mcborzu Wrote:"In progress" - I mean a video that has started playing but not finished

i don't know if we can detect that 'in progress' thing in db.
ppic Wrote:i don't know if we can detect that 'in progress' thing in db.

Really the more I think about it last 5-10 last played, finished or not, would be better because not only is it helpful to have a quick link to a video 'in progress' also nice to know what show/movie you just watched...
ppic Wrote:i don't know if we can detect that 'in progress' thing in db.

The DB has that info...thats why you can resume from the exact point you left off now if it's accesible from a script..that I don't know
KidKiwi Wrote:I created a new SPL for each category (Movies AND TVShows). I added two rules to each.

Movies...Rules

1 - "Last Played" AND "In The Last" "7 Days"
2 - "In Progress" AND "True"

I'll have to test this over time to see if there are any issues.

Bear in mind there's currently a bug where movies that are in progress and part of a set will not appear in a SPL.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10965
The data needed to find "in progress" is in the bookmark table, you should then filter on entries with type "1" (type "0" is a user created bookmark, as far as I know). So its doable with scripting. The last played is also quite easy as there exist a column called lastPlayed in the movieview already used in RecentlyAdded and the likes Big Grin
no problem with recently watched, it's already done.
for current playing, good info for bookmark, but, as far as i've seen, if you stop xbmc playing after the film end (start of credit), xbmc will make a bookmark, but we can not consider that it's 'in progress' as the film has been totally watched...
do you understand what i mean?
Now that i think of it the RecentlyAdded script already has an option called partial giving you non-played, in progress movies/episodes.
ppic Wrote:no problem with recently watched, it's already done.
for current playing, good info for bookmark, but, as far as i've seen, if you stop xbmc playing after the film end (start of credit), xbmc will make a bookmark, but we can not consider that it's 'in progress' as the film has been totally watched...
do you understand what i mean?

Not quite sure if I see the problem?

EDIT: I think i got it now, after the second read :p. To solve it you could simply use the two columns in the bookmark entry called: timeInSeconds and totalTimeInSeconds and make some sort of percentage or fixed number of seconds between the two. I.e. a movie with a bookmark entry with type 1, timeInSeconds: 5600 and totalTimeInSeconds: 5840 would still be a not in progress movie as there's only 4 minutes left.
Pages: 1 2