Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
spiff Wrote:here's to hoping. i doubt it will happen before the hw is outdated though
Well, there's only so much one could ask for from a Media Center. If it could decode 1080p content reliably (with a triple core 3.2 GHz CPU I'd be surprised if it couldn't, leaving aside possible GPU decoding developoments) it could become, in the future, a nice low cost alternative to a fully fledged htpc.
a noisy one at that
I can already see it Lord of the Rings Trilogy on my 360 Smile the red ones!
spiff Wrote:a noisy one at that
Laugh You are right. Although the majority of noise comes from the DVD. Streaming stuff it should be okay(ish).
.. for action flicks
Boy, that's loud!

I've never heard a 360 before.
I have read the instructions.

Questions:

1. Do I get the t3ch build from "Googleing 't3ch' ?
2. If i choose to install Option 1 - Using the Team XBMC Shortcut.xbe (Recommended) as dashboard can I use the xbox for its native functionality (playing games etc) - I am noobie using xbox and hence this question
3. Does anybody have picx to share xbmc running in xbox 360?
Your kiddin? 135 posts? and you've never seen a 360 thread?

A search will point you in the right direction.... or you could get over to ebay and pick yourself up a first gen xbox! Big Grin the only Xbox XBMC runs on....
Fixed the wiki.
LMAO! prety subtle for you Al!!

Contents
1 Requirements
1.1 Modded XBox (NOT 360!)
Wait a minute!

Do I understand that the instructions DO NOT work for 360?

From the above post it is clear that XBMC has not been tested in XBOX 360 - Am I right?
ok! After searching it is clear that xbmc does not run on xbox 360 yet!

I am planning to buy the old xbox from ebay (modded with xbmc). Will it run h.264 (computing power)Huh? And does the "original" xbox have component output and 5.1 audio?
138 posts later - you must be trolling
vskatusa Wrote:ok! After searching it is clear that xbmc does not run on xbox 360 yet!

I am planning to buy the old xbox from ebay (modded with xbmc). Will it run h.264 (computing power)Huh? And does the "original" xbox have component output and 5.1 audio?

Search button works for those too.
vskatusa Wrote:ok! After searching it is clear that xbmc does not run on xbox 360 yet!

It will never run on the Xbox 360 as the devs are unable to do it because the machine is locked tighter than a ducks arse
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23