Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: have no access to ATV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done the whole tethered jailbrake process of my ATV2 (4.1.1.) and I did get a DONE at the end, but I can't access my ATV2 via it's IP.

1. How can I be sure it's really jailbraked? The ATV2 Screen looks always the same as in it's original state?!

2. Shouldn't I be able to make the inputs in the Terminal window on any mac in my network where the ATV2 is?

Sorry about t

Where is the problem?
apit Wrote:I have done the whole tethered jailbrake process of my ATV2 (4.1.1.) and I did get a DONE at the end, but I can't access my ATV2 via it's IP.

1. How can I be sure it's really jailbraked? The ATV2 Screen looks always the same as in it's original state?!

2. When I try to access via Terminal I always get
oles-MacBook-2:~ olesbook$ ssh root@<10.18.100.166>
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

Where is the problem?

try

I did this without the "$" but nothing happens neither in the ATV2 nor in my terminal window?
apit Wrote:I did this without the "$" but nothing happens neither in the ATV2 nor in my terminal window?

If you ran the ssh command EXACTLY as it was above it should eventually give you an error after it times out (but maybe it won't).

Seems likely that a) your atv2 isn't jailbroken, so try again and b) you've never used ssh before. Best to start doing some basic UNIX (or at least ssh) reading somewhere... it'll make the jailbreaking stuff easier for u.
Unix Commands are one thing. I rarely used them,,, but How do I see wether my ATV2 is in a jailbraked condition or not?

Is there anything on the screen of the ATV2 which is different than in original condition?

How can I control this?
If you can't SSH into it, either your trying to SSH wrong, or your not JB'd. The screen isn't any different Pre or Post JB.
OK. Thank You. So my ATV2 is obviously not yet jailbraked.

Should I be able to access the JB'd ATV2 from a browser by typing it's IP Adress? ...oder does this only work from the terminal window by SSH
cant get further unfortunately.

ssh: connect to host 10.18.100.166 port 22: Connection refused

but pinging this IP works !
apit Wrote:cant get further unfortunately.

ssh: connect to host 10.18.100.166 port 22: Connection refused

but pinging this IP works !

Do the JB again
OK - I have it !
For all who have similar problems, here my solution (MAC USER):
I could not jailbrake the ATV2 because there is a fault in the script of Seasonbreak which does not "restore" the ATV2 with the patched system. It leaves the system un-patched which results in no JB.

When You receive the message: "iTunes restore script failed selecting IPSW in Finder", then You must manually restore Your ATV2 with the IPSW- file on Your local harddisk in Your user part. in iTunes click on "restore" while holding the ALT Key. Then You can chose which file will be used for ATV2 restore.

After this , Your ATV2 will have the JB.