Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote Share: Network is not connected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay, i just jailbreaked my 4.2.1 appletv2g and installed latest xbmc on it.

I go to add smb share from my PC but it tells me network is not connected, (like i read some other people have had problems with) i then go and add network location, add ip adress and password, it works fine, and i can browse my folders from here.

BUT, when i go back to try to browse my added shares to watch a movie, in the Video section i get this error msg:

Remote Share
Network is not connected

I also get this error when trying to go into Video Add-Ons
I tried with both wired and wireless network, same result.

I did not restore ATV2 to factory defaults before i jailbreaked, but my device wasnt jailbreaked from earlier, and i had only browsed abit in the menu prior to jailbreaking.

I find this realy strange, cause i can browse folders when adding them to xbmc shares, but not when i want to browse for movies to watch.

Any thoughts? Im so close now, its realy frustrating.

PS: Im using xbmc for windows on a htpc and xbmc for ipad, and everything works fine on those.
Ive been running into the same problem.. Very weird. If I add a new source, it begins to scrap and can see those folders, but previous video sources get ERROR2 or Network is not connected.
Same problem - I can see the shared folders to set up the share but when I try to access them to play music it says no network connection.....
what ? no version info, no xbmc.log. my 'guess the issue' dart board is overflowing and without this info, it's futile to even attempt to figure out the issue.
sorry for the poor etiquette.....will obtain the needed info....sorry to all
mabittin Wrote:sorry for the poor etiquette.....will obtain the needed info....sorry to all

Way to FIX:

1. System>Network>SMB-Client>
2. Change name of Work Group (any name)
3. Restore original name.
4. Save and restart XBMC.

Work for me.

sry, have bad English Wink
Simply restarting xbmc works for me every time I have this problem.
Be sure not to restart the atv2, just xbmc. Once you start it back upit should work fine.
y
Restarting xbmc seems to help.. I can browse the shares within Video or in Library mode, but scraping upon xbmc launching or manually trying to update the library doesnt always work.

Its the latest xbmc on ATV2.. I guess more details are needed, was more mentioning it casually as I use xbmc on other computers around the house and connected to the same SMB shares with the same authentication and it never has any problems..
iDiver Wrote:Way to FIX:

1. System>Network>SMB-Client>
2. Change name of Work Group (any name)
3. Restore original name.
4. Save and restart XBMC.

Work for me.

sry, have bad English Wink

Didnt work after i pulled the power.

Cellulargiant Wrote:Simply restarting xbmc works for me every time I have this problem.
Be sure not to restart the atv2, just xbmc. Once you start it back upit should work fine.
y

Worked great, thanks.

davilla: sorry, not sure where logs are stored on the appletv/ios version. Version im using is latest official build for appletv/ios installed with instructions found here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2

No big deal restarting xbmc, but would be nice without Smile

Edit

So i guess log is in: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

Ill try to post a log tomorrow if no one beats me to it.
Cant sleep anyways, here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/mM5Lyb7M

Hope that helps.
I'm getting the same issue on an Apple TV 2.
SMB did initially work but now I get a "Remote Share: Network is not connected".
I can see the folders when adding a source & the scrapper seems to be doing it's job as well.

Posted my log file here:
http://pastebin.com/d9weBHkj

Any Not sure if this is all you need... other info that will help let me know.
I´m having the same problem, I also found renaming workgroup or just editing it and saving allowed it to be found and all works well until I restart and then have to start all over again.

Not sure why this is, also finding lots of content not being found by the scrapers?

I have xbmc on my ipad which works great with all contents found but using the same server with same content on the ATV lots of content is missing?

Its early days but the potential of this working on an ATV at such a low price really is going to be a game changer for many people.

Thanks to all involved Big Grin
Duquesa Wrote:I´m having the same problem, I also found renaming workgroup or just editing it and saving allowed it to be found and all works well until I restart and then have to start all over again.

Not sure why this is, also finding lots of content not being found by the scrapers?

I have xbmc on my ipad which works great with all contents found but using the same server with same content on the ATV lots of content is missing?

Its early days but the potential of this working on an ATV at such a low price really is going to be a game changer for many people.

Thanks to all involved Big Grin

I have the same problem both with smb-shares, twonky media and video-plugins. Typically when the atv returns from sleep xbmc report it has lost network connectivity. A couple of restarts of xbmc (or a killall appletv) seem to restart it, kind of annoying to have to do it... I'm using the latest official release.
Lets hope the devs can fix this.

IF you need more logs, let us know.....
I'm having the same problem. Here's a log of me adding a network share (my workgroup folders show up fine when I browse SMB to add) and XBMC saying "network not connected" as soon as I try to open the added share.

http://pastebin.com/d1swEmvi
Pages: 1 2 3 4