Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV 2] SSH Password help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I successfully jb my ATV yesterday and installed Plex via ssh, all worked fine.
I then ran the XBMC install from the option on the ATV.
This installed then crashed towards the end saying that I need to run a command ( cant remember what is was from the commad line )
With this I went to the computer and tried SSH'ing in again but the default password was now not accepted.
I rebooted the ATV but still it wouldnt let me in.

I have now done an itunes restore on the atv and re jailbroken it, ran the greepois0n on it and still it wont accept alpine as the password when I try to ssh in.

Any other ideas that I can try please?

thanks for reading.
have you tried using a different ssh client? could be the current one is having issues with the security key that first gets made when you connect to the Apple TV?
hi thanks for the reply.

At first I did have a problem after the restore and jailbreak that ssh wouldnt even get as far as asking the password becuase of the security files on the mac.
I deleted those and it got back to the password option.

I will as you say try another ssh client, can you recommend one for the MAc?
mccltd Wrote:hi thanks for the reply.

At first I did have a problem after the restore and jailbreak that ssh wouldnt even get as far as asking the password becuase of the security files on the mac.
I deleted those and it got back to the password option.

I will as you say try another ssh client, can you recommend one for the MAc?

uhmmm... Terminal Huh

you dont need another client, just backup ~/.ssh/known_hosts

Code:
mv ~/.ssh/known_hosts ~/.ssh/known_hosts_bak

and try again to see if that was an issue
Thanks Amet, I'm sure thats simialr to what I ran to get rid of the orginal security files but I shall give it another go.
ok tried your recommendation amet but still get the Permission denied, please try again at the password
ok cyberduck has let me in but i dont know how to issue the scripts in it.

Why wont my terminal work now thou any ideas?
ok sorted it, doh it was me all along.

I wasn't putting the root before the @ipaddress.

So sorry, thanks guys for all your help.
Just a quick note, I use my iPhone terminal to SSH my ATV2. Would work from an iPod touch as well I would think.