Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: atv2 update addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep getting a failed to update when I try to update an addon. Is anyone else able to update their addons?? I read in another thread (cant find it now) that you have to rename the file or something since when its downloaded it names it incorrectly. or something liek that.

anyone have a fix?
I had the exact same problem updating. What I did was go to the add ons, uninstall the problem one, and then reinstall it to presumably the latest version. Hope this helps
Does anyone know why they cant auto install? I get an error when trying to update. I will get a log posted soon.
I'm having the same problem.......XBMC tells me three are up dates but all the updates fail. It hangs on the download and just sits there!
One work-around that has proved effective for me is to uninstall and reinstall the particular add-on that refuses to update. Not a fix, of course, but it seems to work.
Same here. Uninstalling the addon and reinstalling it works as a workaround.
Does davilla and the other developers know about this? Hope that it fixes when they merge to trunk. I uninstalled and installed again and it updates. Even keeps my settings. Can this also be done on a repo?
Seems like not everyone is having this issue.
I have even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and dont get updates.
Here is a post Memphiz made about the issue:

Memphiz Wrote:@dtviewer please try the following and check if this fixes your update problem

Issue: Settings are not saved, Updates don't work, Clone Settings from any XBMC to ATV2
Solution: Fix the permissions of the data folder by doing the following in ssh:

Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

I had to post this answer multiple times for very different issues. It all starts with copying stuff into the data folder of XBMC while using the user "root". So the files get the wrong owner and the user "mobile" which XBMC is run as doesn't have write access to the files.

I've also requested this to be added to the FAQ sticky thread
dtviewer Wrote:Here is a post Memphiz made about the issue:

The chmod should be a chown. e.g.
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
dtviewer Wrote:Here is a post Memphiz made about the issue:

did you try it and did it fix the problem?
rflores2323 Wrote:did you try it and did it fix the problem?

Im at work so I put his post here for anyone else who might want to try before I get home tonight.
... at least it is the correct syntax now.
And if it´s an owner/file permission problem it should fix it.
Did you copy your addons-folder or did you install it from addon manager on atv2?
thx popcornmix ... i've corrected it in the post where it was wrong (did type it so often in the last days, that i thought some "alternation" wouldn't be bad Wink )
rflores2323 Wrote:did you try it and did it fix the problem?

Yes it works!

Thanks Memphiz!
Pages: 1 2