Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I'm not good with SSH command line. Can someone put in the commands I need to enter to get the latest XBMC 10.1 update on ATV2 via SSH? I tried (apt-get update && apt-get install xbmc). It looks like it downloaded the updates but when it executed the 2nd half of the string I got an error stating (E: Couldn't find package XBMC) Many Thanks!
10.1 will be skipped for ios devices ...
Memphiz Wrote:10.1 will be skipped for ios devices ...

IOS only? I thought that ATV was based on the apple OSx version with minor tweaks. Im so confused...thanks for the feedback.
sjskent Wrote:IOS only? I thought that ATV was based on the apple OSx version with minor tweaks. Im so confused...thanks for the feedback.

ATV version might be loosely based on the OS X version since they're both Intel-based but ATV2 is ARM-based (like the other iOS devices) so it's a fair bit different.

Dharma (aka 10.1) is being skipped for iOS according to davilla's post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96473

It is mentioned in the FAQ but in kidstretch's defense it's not clear what the exact implications are. At the moment I believe they're working on the "big sync to trunk" but not quite sure why 10.1 will be skipped... I assume because by the time the sync is finished the trunk will have progressed past 10.1 so XBMC for iOS will jump ahead and match that trunk version.

I wonder how the sync to trunk is going and roughly how many weeks work are required to finish the sync. Sounds like a fair bit of work so maybe won't happen for a few weeks.
10.1 will be skipped because I'm getting tired of merging Smile

ATV2 branch had 516 commits to get where it is today. That's been squished down to 50+.

Sync is almost done, there's one last push that's pending verification that is does not cause issues with the other platforms including osx.
davilla Wrote:10.1 will be skipped because I'm getting tired of merging Smile

I can only imagine Smile

Thanks for the update... should eliminate any confusion as to where things stand re: the main trunk. Nice work on the progress, sounds like you guys are almost there.
The aTV update to XBMC is the most highly anticipated update I can think of. I could care less about 4.3 iOS, but XBMC, I can't wait!
That's too bad.. Was looking forward to some ATV2 updates.. specially:

Hardware decoding improvements

as the menu is a bit slow and maybe some more smoothness..

Hopefully we will get something soon.

THanks,
i am looking forward to super benzin in germany which only costs 99eurocents per liter ...
Is it correct that 10.1 is skipped on atv2?
Cause on the frontscreen of xbmc on my atv2 it says a new version is released, a bug fix release called 10.1.
Is this possible or not to install on atv2?
nekiw Wrote:Is it correct that 10.1 is skipped on atv2?
Cause on the frontscreen of xbmc on my atv2 it says a new version is released, a bug fix release called 10.1.
Is this possible or not to install on atv2?

yes, that is correct

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/03/10/bug-fix-release-10-1/ has nothing on ATV2/ios and davilla confirmed it few posts up