Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can a dreambox be a backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i know, there are scripts to watch live tv via dreambox. but the are not integrated in the nice and shiny pvr frontend.

currently i use mediaportal as a backend for tv. its running on a homesever 2003. unfortunately the hardware of the server is struggling when more then one user is streaming live tv.

i have a dreambox with dual tuner for dvbs2. it would be nice if it would be possible to use that as a pvr backend.

i see that the dreambox has already the capability to present the epg, live tv etc. in a web browser. so maybe it is possible.

what do u think?

if no one is willing to do this, do u think it is achievable for a newbee to create such an addon?

i can code php. and i did once a python script for personal use. i know, thats lame.

in wich languish are the pvr addons coded? they don't seem to be python, like other addons.

sorry for bad english skills.
they're written in c++. and I don't recommend starting to write a new addon at this time because the pvr addon interface will be redone soon.
thanks for the quick answer.

what do others think about dreambox as pvr backend?
are there dreambox users amongst us?
would there be a demand for such an pvr addon?
There's definitely interest in dreambox pvr backend. Especially since I'd love to remove the TuxBox code from XBMC Wink
Well, I own 3 dreamboxs. I vote for "There's definitely interest"... x3 Wink

h.udo
I would love to see this also as I have a dreambox.
I'd just love xbmc to have it's own backend. Would solve everyones issues lol.
Count me in !!! I own 3 Dreamboxes 500s. I have been using tuxbox and it is "almost" perfect. I miss EPG and all the other "blings" that a PVR can produce. So yes... PVR backend for Dreambox is definitely a must have...
I second this Also.
I have 1 DM800 and 2 DM500HD, and would really like to be able to use xbmc for TV!
is someone working on this?
a dreambox addon?
yes, someone is/was working on a DM500 add-on a couple of weeks ago. not sure what the status is atm.
ok. then i hope this project isnt dead already
maybe this someone can tell us what the status is atm.
Would definitely be very interested if this ever came to fruition. Would even be willing to put some cash towards purchasing one of the dev's a box, as I'm sure others would to get some momentum behind this idea!
Sign me up to...
i am too
Pages: 1 2 3