Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to test DefaultFoo icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

what's recommended way of testing DefaultFoo icons?

They get cached apparently so changes are not shown immediately as with other images.
They're not cached so just change and refresh the skin.
Unfortunately, they are on Mac (Dharma 10.1).

Just deleted everything and did fresh install. Deleted DefaultAddonVideo. It fallbacks to DefaultHardDrive. Added new DefaultAddonVideo and previous version is shown.
Strange, I did the same test on Windows Dharma 10.1 and it changed.
Definitely shouldn't be being cached (and it definitely should not be different across platforms).

Let us know specifically how to reproduce the issue.
Well as I stated above - pick any skin on Mac that you run at least once previously, change any of DafaultFoo.pngs and you will still see previous version of png, not the new one. That's situation on my Mac.

code:

<texture fallback="DefaultAddonNone.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
I can confirm this behavior on Mac. I ran into it a few weeks ago myself.
It's even worse. Test this in Confluence:

1.Make folder and put some pictures in it.
2. Goto skin options, background customizer and choose any picture in order to change background
3. Quit Xbmc
4. Replace an image in above folder with new one while keeping the same name
5. Try to change background now and you will notice that background is changed to a new picture BUT FileBrowser.xml is showing you OLD one as preview icon. This icon won't change until you delete cache.

EDIT: Tested on yesterday's nighty.
EDIT2: Finally refreshed, after couple of XBMC restarts.
EDIT3: NO IT DOES NOT REFRESH after restart :-(((( I must have renamed it earlier..