Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BR Movie tool - Download trailers from youtube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have an Apple TV 2g with XBMC and I was looking for a tool that could download trailers from youtube in order to watch them with XBMC. I couldn't find so I developed it.
It's pretty straightforward.

1-Select the main folder (In the below case, select Movie):

sample:
-Movie
-Movie/Salt 2010
-Movie/Avatar 2010

2-Inform if the tool is going to use folder name or file name as search criteria (the tool always use the name plus the word "trailer")
3-Select your prefer quality order (The tool only download the first link from youtube).
4-Enjoy!

Download BR Movie Tool
Wow this is awesome! WIll try later. Thanks.
Definately will give this a try. Thanks.
Cool! I hope you enjoy guys!!
Very Nice!
Could you make it possible to integrate an option for german (and other common languages) for the youtube trailers
(e.g. by just adding the term 'german').
It works great. Thank you so much.

What variables can we set for the naming options? eg ;movie-trailer<extension>
Is there a way for the file to grab movie filename and append -trailer.<extension> ?

Thanks again.
itchy_balls Wrote:It works great. Thank you so much.

What variables can we set for the naming options? eg ;movie-trailer<extension>
Is there a way for the file to grab movie filename and append -trailer.<extension> ?

Thanks again.

you can you <filename> and <extension>

the filename is to create files like blade-trailer.mp4
Thanks for this. Just set it running so all the movies I got pre-couchpotato will have trailers Smile

Will this overwrite my old trailers? Also if I rerun the program after will it try re-download trailers for everything or just movies missing trailers?

Thanks,
Luke.
smiffy1989 Wrote:Thanks for this. Just set it running so all the movies I got pre-couchpotato will have trailers Smile

Will this overwrite my old trailers? Also if I rerun the program after will it try re-download trailers for everything or just movies missing trailers?

Thanks,
Luke.

Nice! Thanks for this! I will set it going when I get home.

I have the same question as Smiffy though - will this overwrite existing trailers, possibly if they're using a different naming convention?
wow Shocked

it's really awesome, THANK YOU !!!

can you add options to create Log file for "not found" trailers, please ?

many thanks,

cheers

P.S. It is possible to add option for download trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net (it's really good espcially for new movies)
Thread about HD-Trailers.Net Downloader on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96261
smiffy1989 Wrote:Thanks for this. Just set it running so all the movies I got pre-couchpotato will have trailers Smile

Thanks,
Luke.

It will download only missing trailers.

It is not overwriting!
castortray Wrote:wow Shocked

it's really awesome, THANK YOU !!!

can you add options to create Log file for "not found" trailers, please ?

many thanks,

cheers

P.S. It is possible to add option for download trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net (it's really good espcially for new movies)
Thread about HD-Trailers.Net Downloader on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96261

The tool always download the first match from youtube, I cant see how the not found would occur.

I will check how to add the Hd Trailers
flaviosa Wrote:It will download only missing trailers.

It is not overwriting!

Awesome!

HD-Trailers support would be great too Smile
flaviosa Wrote:The tool always download the first match from youtube, I cant see how the not found would occur.

I will check how to add the Hd Trailers

I will try find you example when come back to home.

It's possible to save changes "Path" and "Trailer file format"
For now I must manually enter:
<filename>-trailer<extension>
for each startup.

thanks again
smiffy1989 Wrote:Awesome!

HD-Trailers support would be great too Smile

+1 for HD-Trailers Big Grin

as for Beta version works really great
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6