Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Good skin for young XBMC users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking for a simple, minimalistic skin that the kids can navigate XBMC with really easily without me having to help them every time they want to watch a movie. Is there any you suggest? I'm using an Apple TV 2.
Have you tried Re focus.
Maybe use confluence, turn off the items you dont want to show up on the main page, change the pictures for 'movies' and 'music' to something kid friendly, and set it to kiosk mode?

But I agree, it would be great to have a very simple, 'Nickelodeon' feel type skin for kids xbmc setup's.
Really any skin with a kiosk mode to stop the key press that bring up the option menu's as that where most of the trouble happens...

My mom who can barely email navigates Night with Kiosk mode just fine...
Xperience is very easy to use I set this up for my parents without to many "Help Help" phone calls Laugh

You know you can start any skin to open straight in the movies section instead of the home screen which makes it easier ?
>>X<<' Wrote:Xperience is very easy to use I set this up for my parents without to many "Help Help" phone calls Laugh

You know you can start any skin to open straight in the movies section instead of the home screen which makes it easier ?

I didnt know that?

How?

(Thanks in advance)
+1 for reFocus. My son who is only 6 can navigate XBMC without any trouble with it. I'd also suggest creating a smart playlist for the little ones that includes only movies below PG-13 and any TV Shows for Kids and putting that in the Video menu.
dtviewer Wrote:I didnt know that?

How?

(Thanks in advance)

I'll explain it using Confluence

On Videos on the home screen bring out the sub menu and select Library on the next screen highlight movies and press "C" and select "Make Default"

After that go into Settings > Appearance and change "Startup Window" to "Videos"

Also make sure you have flatten enabled
>>X<<' Wrote:I'll explain it using Confluence

On Videos on the home screen bring out the sub menu and select Library on the next screen highlight movies and press "C" and select "Make Default"

After that go into Settings > Appearance and change "Startup Window" to "Videos"

Also make sure you have flatten enabled

Fantastic!
Thanks!
Thanks everyone! I'm using Ellipsis right now and it seems to work well.
ctyonahl Wrote:Thanks everyone! I'm using Ellipsis right now and it seems to work well.

With NOX (my signature) you can go as fas as this, If you choose so:

Or even:

Background is black and can't be changed ATM, but skin update will be available soon, as you can see from posted screenshots :-)
Very nice and simple Pecinko!
My son has almost 4 and he always know how to navigate to watch his movies. I don't really know how he do this because every few days I change skin to another as I want something new. This is the New Generation, I think Smile
mstef Wrote:My son has almost 4 and he always know how to navigate to watch his movies. I don't really know how he do this because every few days I change skin to another as I want something new. This is the New Generation, I think Smile

lol I agree my 5 year old knew how to get into her movies in confluence (under her profile) and now I changed to neon and she still knows how. she also likes the new favourites in the neon skin so that she can go to some online sites to get cartoons etc..
Ellipsis or Alaska revisted for my son. Quick and easy to get in.

Sorry but confluence etc is totally for adult male geeks, too much flipping out and going on and popping up.
Pages: 1 2