Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playercorefactory.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone please help me get this right?

I am trying to add the external player to play movies that are 480p and above. all other moves/videos can be played by xbmc.

I have added this info so far, however all media is being launched in the external player. Can you please help me get my player file so that it only lauches content that is above 480p in mkv or avi or any other file format xbmc does not support hardware acceleration for in XP.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
     <filename>D:\Portable Apps\mpc-homecinema.1.5.2.2969_(x86)_msvc2010-be\MPC-Homecinema.1.5.2.2969_(x86)_MSVC2010-BE\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

PatrickBateman is online now Add to PatrickBateman's Reputation Report Post       Edit/Delete Message

Please can anyone with any ideas or advice or knowledge on xml and xbmc give me some pointers. im really stuck here? Oo

Update>>>
i cant use the "filename=".*720p.*" line as my contnet is not named in that way... the only info i have is contained within the NFO's that xbmc creates whcih has my codec, ratio, audio info etc...
Hey,

I've changed this:

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob"

To This

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi

which means all other is played in xbmc (except avi and mkv's) ... However, it still does not function correctly as not all hd is mkv or avi?

My main issues are, As my filenames do not contain *720p etc (as all that info is contained within the movie nfo)... i can't seem to specifiy to the player that it only play specific HD contnet externally...

2nd is that the when i send music videos to the player (that are in mkv format) it gets caught in that infinite loop of playing, exiting, playing next file, exiting etc etc etc and the only way to stop it is to ctrl+alt+del it shut? having xbmc play music vids this has resolved this external issue...

I must have something in my xml that is incorrect? Am i missing something, can any one see if i have it set up correctly, including the rules section?

Cheers,